Chapter 35: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2360

A BLISSFUL WEEK had passed

A BLISSFUL WEEK had passed. Madeline had spent several hours around her soul mates, getting to know them. She tried to branch off and spend time with them separately but it was difficult when they were all vying for her attention.

She had never had people fight for attention before. It felt...strange. It worried her that battling for her attention would shift from something harmless to destruction. The last thing she wanted was to cause a rift between them.

Madeline often brought these concerns up to Namjoon when she got a moment since she felt he was the best at producing a logical answer to appease her. He would always assure her that they had years to prepare for this. Sure, they would experience jealousy whenever she gave attention to one of them more but they also loved and respected each other. They were all testing the waters and finding a balance.

Today, she was planning to show the maknae's at her father's home. They had expressed their curiosity about where she grew up. Since she never wanted them to see her mother's home, she decided to take her to her true home.

The three of them were ready when she arrived at their rented place. Taehyung produced the keys to his car, smiling at her with his bright smile.

Her heart nearly stuttered at the sight of him. He looked too good. They all did. Jungkook was wearing black clothes that were loose but still gave a hint of his impressive physique. Jimin and Taehyung wore designer outfits—dressed to impress.

She wondered if it was because they were going to meet her father.

"You guys look great," She commented, hoping it would ease any worries they had.

"Thanks, Madi. So do you," Jimin murmured, without even realizing he had called her by her nickname. It was the first time any of them had affectionately shortened her name. She assumed it was because they didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Madeline was used to people calling her 'Madi' or 'Mads' but something felt different hearing it from her soul mates.

A faint blush coated Jimin's cheeks as he realized what he called her.

She didn't bring it up, hoping he knew that she didn't mind.

They walked towards the rental car and hopped in. Madeline opted to take one of the back seats, unaware that the boys were fighting over who would sit beside her. Taehyung was the only one who didn't. Instead, he climbed into the driver's seat and pouted. It seemed the maknae's had delegated him as the driver.