Chapter Twenty-Three - Bitchy Moment

Começar do início

Isla set them out, and then sat down in the chair that Martina had pulled out for her.

Martina had dry shampoos from name brands that Isla didn't recognize, but was willing to bet were incredibly expensive. She also had mousse, hairspray, spray on conditioners, and pins various hairpins that would no doubt keep her hair in place. There were also a number of other items on the table, clips and thick bun elastics.

"So, you know how to do hair, and clean up after Mr Arturo?"

Was it rude to ask something like that? Isla wasn't sure, but she needed to ask after seeing all of this.

Isla watched Martina smile again through the mirror. "This is a skill that rarely gets used, so when it does, I am happy to be of service."

"That must be a killer resume. You went to hairstyling school so that Arturo might have someone to do his hair?"

Isla laughed. "No, he knows how to wash his own hair and pull it back. He rarely wears it differently than that ponytail you see on him."

Isla thought about that ponytail, and her entire body warmed up from the inside out, starting down at her sex.

"I noticed," she said, and did her absolute best to not look at Martina in the mirror.

She thought she saw the woman smiling out of the corner of her eye. Great.

But then Isla got lost in what Martina was doing to her. It was like a mini trip to the salon. She sprayed Isla's hair to keep the curling iron from damaging her hair, and then painstakingly pulled back, up, and around so that Isla was left with something that looked a lot like a french twist, but a little on the messier side.

The type of messy that was purposely done, with locks of curledhair leaving the twist to frame her face. Isla had only ever looked like this after visiting a salon and paying a ton of money, and to make things even better, Martina also had her soak here fingers so she could trim her cuticles and buff her nails.

"There's not enough time to paint them or give a proper manicure, luckily, you have very healthy fingernails.

"Yeah," Isla said, looking down at her nails, and already very impressed with what was there.

"You're a miracle worker. Are you sure you didn't go to school for this?"

Martina shook her head, though it was clear that the praise was making her preen. "I had many sisters. I was always the one to do their makeup for them, and their nails. I have much hands on practice, though I did want to go to school for it. I still might. Arturo thinks I have a talent for this."

Isla was so caught up in what Martina had been saying about her family, and that she might go to beauty school, that for a few seconds, she missed the part where Martina explained that she'd had sisters.

As in not anymore.

Isla bit her lips together to keep herself from doing something stupid, like asking what had happened to them. It wasn't her business, and Martina probably hadn't even meant to share that detail with her. It was too private for someone she barely knew.

Martina didn't seem to notice that she'd let anything slip. "Would you like me to do your makeup, Miss King?"

"Sure, and call me Isla," Isla said.

She didn't want Martina to feel like she had to be formal with her. Especially not after something like that was just revealed.

Martina smiled and nodded, and she got to work applying primers and concealers and lipstick.