Chapter 31 - "Emotion and expression..."

Start from the beginning

Nandini's words make Manik moor to the ground. He wasn't prepared for this at all. Nandini is still looking at him with questing eyes. Manik saunters to her and stops in front of Nandini almost towering her. His eyes are clouded with so many questions.

"Abhi and Mukti? Did Bhosle tell you their names? What else did he tell you?"

Manik sounds desperate. Nandini smirks at him.

"Whatever he tells, I don't think you need to know."

Saying this Nandini tries to walk past but Manik pulls her with her elbow. His jaws are clenched and his eyes are dark.

"Stop kidding! Tell me what did he say?"

Nandini feels the desperation in his voice. The jest vanished from her face.

"He didn't tell me anything except these names rather he asked me to ask you. Who are they? He asked me to tell you that you are trusting the wrong people. Manik, please tell me. I am scared."

Nandini snuggles to Manik. Her anger has turned to fear. Manik encapsulates her in his arms and whispers,

"Don't be scared. I am here. I won't let anything bad happen to you all."

Nandini hugs him more tightly and mutters,

"And I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

.....................................................

Cabir enters his cabin followed by Navya. He gestures to her to sit and stands in front of the glass wall facing his backside to her. Navya occupies the seat and waits for him to say something. However, some silent moments passed and nothing came from that side. It seems Cabir forgot that he called her to discuss something. Navya feels awkward. She budges on her seat and clears her throat to grab his attention. Nonetheless, her effort doesn't pay off. Under compulsion, she mutters,

"Cabir, I am waiting. You are supposed to discuss something."

Her call breaks his trance and he turns on his heels. Navya observes that his expression is wasted. Perhaps he has been battling with something inwardly for a long time. Cabir puts his hands inside his pockets and mouths in a broken voice,

"Are you leaving us?"

It takes some time for Navya to fathom his words. Probably he overheard her conversation with Mr Martin. She feels the urge to tease this man a bit.

"Are you talking about Mr Aurther's offer? Well, I haven't decided yet but his offer is lucrative indeed. I asked for some time to think."

She shrugs and says confidently. Cabir fishes out the cigarette packet from his pocket and takes out a cig from it. Navya observes his hands are trembling. He looks at her and then at the cigarette. God knows what he thought but he put it again in the packet.

"You can't leave like this."

He mumbles while gazing at the floor. Navya relaxes on the chair by crossing her legs. She must instigate him to know the truth.

"Why not? I have not signed any lifetime contract with Dhawan's Industry. And I will leave after giving a proper three months' notice. In that case, the HR department has no reason to hold me back. In addition, now I have my baby's responsibilities on me. I will be a single parent so I need more money to give him or her the proper upbringing."

Navya sounds clear-cut. Cabir inhales sharply. Maybe he gathers courage.

"If I agree to take the responsibility, will you stay back?"

He meeks out. Navya crunches her brows. Why this man can't say that he needs her? Not only professionally but emotionally too. She hardens her jaws and mouths sternly,

"Mr Cabir, you have already decided that you don't want this baby. Then why will you take the responsibility of its upbringing? And with what relationship? Sorry, I won't stay with a person as his mistress."

As she finishes her words, Cabir almost rushes towards her. His handsome face is red in furry.

"You are not my mistress. I love you damn it! You are the only woman whom I loved with my everything."

He screams but his voice is shaking. It seems after a long time, a volcano of emotion bursts out. Taking her in surprise, he kneels down in front of her like a broken soul. Navya can't understand what to say. She definitely didn't want to break him like this. Cabir palms his face and keeps on mumbling,

"You want to know why I don't want to accept this baby, right? Why I am scared of committing my love for you? Then listen..."

Author's note: In the next chapter, some bitter and shocking pasts are going to be revealed. Keep reading and keep supporting me. 🙏❤️