What of power.

Meira sat on the bed that Vegeta helped her onto. Her orders were to rest but there was too much on her mind for her to get even remotely close to the slumber that her aching body craved. She felt as though she had already slept so long and missed out too much. For the third time today, she felt fear, which made her more angry than anything else, she hated these weak emotions that were currently controlling her. She was no fool, despite being a warrior race Saiyans were inclined to feel these kinds of feelings as well, she believed that it was what made them survive this long, their instinct to either destroy that which was beneath them or hide from that which they feared. Unfortunately, it was also a characteristic that was exploited by Frieza, it became the very shackles that made them bend to his will. 

She sighed and leaned back on the very soft cot that she had been placed on, it was so different from the sleeping pods that she had grown up sleeping in. The sheer amount of space she had and was expected to reside in, felt so large compared to the shared quarters she used to live in with her sisters. It was so open,  it sent a shiver down her spine. She took a moment to look at the room that she was in. It was very plain, with greyish walls, white curtains, tiles a large screen on one wall, and a mirror on the other. There was a window right next to her bed, large enough for her body to fit through, a quick escape if need be. 

How long has it been? Vegeta has a son, that's already an adult, from the looks of it, 20 years? How had Vegeta and the rest of the Saiyans been able to hide from Frieza for this long? She noticed that they could control their power levels much like some of the other warrior races back then, a good quality to have compared to getting over-excited about numbers on a scouter. She, herself had not fully mastered the skill before being trapped in that tank. 

"That skill what has probably kept them so well hidden all these years, " she muttered to herself. 

She pulled a big pillow close to her -as much as she hated to admit it- it was what she would do whenever she was seeking comfort. She somehow felt self-conscious, her power was a force to be reckoned with back then. No one would challenge her and everyone looked up to her and now it appears that she might be the weakest of her race. All the Saiyans that were there, were already super Saiyan. They walked around as if achieving this legendary power had not given them the ability to conquer this very planet. Was it that much of a normal occurrence? That made her and power ordinary... She gasped as her hands balled into a fist, she never wanted to get used to this feeling of being weak. 

Her head was pounding as she rubbed her eyes, her body wanted to sleep but her mind continued to wage war with her. Each moment her eyes would droop, the very thought of:

When will be the next time I wake up? Made her body bolt awake and made her sit upright. 

She had vaguely heard Vegeta, fighting Kakarot and his sons to leave her alone to rest a few hours earlier, they had surprisingly taken a lot longer to hear than she thought they would, based on how excited Kakarot seemed to learn about her. His mate must have also been hesitant to let him be here. She sighed, this will probably be a running theme among them.

She could hear Vegeta marching up and down the hallways as if he was on patrol. The sound was familiar, it sounded almost like when they were back on the ship. Someone always volunteered to stay awake and stand guard, making sure that Frieza's men would leave what was left of the females alone. She sighed as she relaxed a little, the sound of his footsteps soothed her. He was probably doing that for that exact purpose, it hardly seems like something he - of all people - would do in his spare time. He had changed, he never used to be this compassionate...or he never used to show it at least. 

"He would have made a glorious ruler," she thought to herself. He continued until his mate called him. He must have been able to tell that Meira was still awake because he sighed slightly knowing that sleep still evaded his comrade. His mate was persistent and he finally gave in and went to her.