Night time's

Hello, my dear readers. I hope that you are enjoying it so far. Please vote, follow, and comment, I would really like to know your thoughts. I always read my comments. 

Yours in Anticipation 

TheUntamedWord

____________________________________

The night air felt a bit colder than usual, which was a telltale that Autumn would be coming soon. He felt Meira shiver slightly against his body and realized that flying probably making it colder for her. He blushed at the thought of removing his shirt from her waist to drape over her, he then remembered her lack of clothing, he couldn't do it. He then held her a little closer, to share his body heat with her, which seemed to help because her shivering stopped. This solved that problem, which unfortunately introduced him to another, her face was now resting on his neck, and he could feel her breath trail over a very sensitive spot and goosebumps immediately shot all over his body. He was definitely not getting cold anytime soon, he could swear that his face caught fire for the second time that day.

"This woman, won't give me a break, even when she is unconscious," he thought to himself, 

He reflected on what she had said earlier and could not help but wonder why he could not understand this sooner, why he could not understand his father sooner. He always thought that his being able to understand his father had been a negative thing, that it was something he had grown to accept and tolerate rather than being able to genuinely understand his father and the way he communicates. He always thought being the only one to understand why his father would rage about something, was a burden and forgot about how his father would nod at him whenever he accomplished something, he would always harp on the lack of words spoken and overlook the immense pride shining in his father's eyes. Sometimes his father's back would even straighten to stand taller, now that he thought of it.  

He looked at the sky around them. It had been a while since he had enough energy to fly at night. He almost forgot how relaxing it was. The soft breeze went through his hair and he smiled. The air where they were was a bit cleaner than the air in the city, it was so refreshing. The constant smell of exhaust fumes and various food stalls was replaced with the screen of the fields of grass and dirt below them, he was by no means someone who preferred the countryside, growing up the way he did, he preferred being in front of a screen, but this was a nice break from his usual surroundings. 

He finally got home this time making sure to fly out of the camera's view, he did not need anyone else teasing him about this again. He breathed a quick sigh of relief that no one could be heard talking, telling him that they were all asleep.  He carefully flew through her window and gently placed her on the bed. Luckily, she was still sound asleep. 

He looked at her face which was lit by the moonlight, she looked so peaceful. She was truly exhausted even before their little outing, yet for some reason she needed to fight in order to finally let her body rest. As Saiyan-like as that sounded, he felt like there was a deeper reason as to why she could not go to sleep. The teenager inside him wanted to believe that she stayed up just to spend time with him, but he knew they were not there...yet? He sat on the bed next to her, grateful that he could hear his mother's light snoring, indicating that he would not have to jet out of there anytime soon. Meira's hair was spread out around her, it looked almost as if she was laying on a thick black blanket. It was so long and...so soft? He only realized then that he had been running his hands through the ends of her hair that was closest to him, he was working out its tangles. 

Instincts, that's probably what she would peg this to and he was not dumb enough to not notice how it's been taking hold of his actions. He might have been slow in realizing but it was apparent to him that her presence was doing something to him. His behavior had become so much similar to how it was when he was a child. Speaking first, thinking later, and finding any reason to prove his strength and that he was the best. He knew that that was his Saiyan pride, his mother used to say that it made him a brat, his father, however, would humble him very quickly and would tell him that he should only brag once he had something to brag about. It's the part of him that he tried to repress. He lived on Earth amongst humans, he could not behave the way his father and Goku did. He had asked Goten and Gohan if they experienced the same, but theirs always seemed so mild compared to what he felt. He could not watch a movie with a fight scene in it without his own fists itching, wanting to recreate the scene only better, with more efficient moves to win, it would have him twitching and in a daze for the rest of the day, so he stayed away from violent movies...she told him that his Saiyan genes were strong, could this be what she meant. Why none of the other "half-breeds" felt it as much as he did. 

A twitch from her brought him right out of his thoughts. He looked at her and noticed that her eyes were closed more tightly and a deep frown formed on her brows,

"Nightmare," he muttered, he moved his hands to wake her, but then stopped, she was exhausted, who knows how long it would take for her to fall asleep again and he was not about to beat her up the second time tonight. He watched her shake, he was not sure if was from the cold once again or fear of whatever was haunting her in her dreams.

It suddenly clicked in his head, she was afraid. She was scared to go back to sleep. She believed that Frieza was still somewhere out there hunting them down. He remembered his father's stories of the Evil Lord Frieza, that massacred their race. Given that he was only a baby when it happened, it all seemed unreal to him, until walking into that ship and seeing that monster's work with his own eyes. Hearing Meira's story made him glad that Frieza and his father perished the way they did, without a warrior's death. 

"She must be terrified," he thought to himself.  That monster turned Meira into his own personal puppet by holding his father's life over her head. She had gone through so much. She had been fighting herself to stay awake, while she could push it down and pretend that she was okay. Now that she was asleep, her subconscious would not fight away her demons for her. 

He remembered the brief visits of his future self, it had always been to hide and get stronger to fight whatever threat was hunting him down in his time. He would also get these kinds of nightmares as well, Vegeta would always sit with his older self until he settled down, some nights, when the boy was too inconsolable, their father would wake him up to... fight... Just like Miera and he did. It was in their blood. He could not believe how many of the Saiyan customs and behaviours his father kept alive, by himself. 

He heard her whimper and say tears running down her face, his heart clenched at the sight, and before he knew what he was doing, he picked her up off of the bed and held her close to his chest. The same way his mother used to do when he was younger. He felt her tears wet his vest as he held her even closer, rubbing her back. That seemed to calm her, as her breathing evened out again. He just sat there and held her, he was not sure if he put her back down her nightmares would come back, so he just held her not wanting to find out. He rested his back against her headboard and kept his arms wrapped around her. 

He sighed this was probably part of his instinct as well, it would explain his raging need to go train, right at that moment. He understood that there would be no amount of training that could prepare him enough to somehow fight off whatever was plaguing her in her dreams...Somehow that did not matter as much as his need to protect her from it... definitely instincts. She was strong, he remembered his father telling him that Saiyan men like strong women, it is part of who they are, which also explained his body's reaction to their little fight earlier...his mother would have his head if she knew exactly how close they had gotten since that afternoon. 

He sighed at how extremely complicated his life had become in one day. He wanted to fight and protect her...in one day. 

It was all so much to process...She has changed so much in such a short time. 

The Last Female Saiyanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें