"Shh..." Roman hesitated as Virgil just laughed, gently brushing his thumb under Roman's eyes. Roman reached up to hold Virgil's hand as he leaned into the touch. Virgil's eyes scanned the blackened veins as Roman just blinked making more tears fall. "I'm sorry. I really thought I could do it." Virgil hummed softly as Roman let out a breath. "To be honest, I'm sure I could have if it wasn't for the fact that I... I missed you so much." Virgil pulled his hand free with a look of surprise as Roman shrugged. "I missed you and... it started to hurt. I wasn't expecting it to hurt so much. I'm sorry." Virgil shook his head but Roman growled making Virgil freeze up. "It's fine now though. You're back and that's all that matters. Now... Tell me how it went. Did you have fun?" Virgil huffed as he crossed his arms and looked away, making Roman whimper thinking he did something wrong.

"P-Poppet? Poppet, are you mad? Did I say something? What-..." Roman clammed up as Virgil leaned back into him, letting the prince wrap his arms tightly around him. "You... you aren't mad?" Virgil shook his head but still refused to look at him. "Then what's wrong?" Virgil sighed as he peered up to meet Roman's eyes, who groaned with a slight laugh. "Oh... I see. I'm not trying to deflect, I promise. I really want to know how it went. It isn't me trying to ignore what happened."

"We can talk about that later if you want. I just... I don't have enough control over things right now to handle it." Virgil deflated as Roman's voice cracked. "I can't think about it without spiraling so... please? Can we talk about it later?" Virgil nodded with a small smile before hugging the prince who gasped softly at the embrace. "Thank you, Cariño."

The next day was a light with this determined energy. Virgil had watched as everyone moved about with a slight look in his eyes. He had known there was an event coming up but he hadn't expected such a big deal. 

"Patton!" Roman beamed as he pulled the smaller spring fae into him, shocking both Patton and Virgil. "Guess what day it is?" Patton frowned as Roman let him pull away with a giggle.

"Monday?" Roman huffed as crossed his arms with a slight look that made Patton chuckle. "Oh, Your Highness, I know. Today is the day of your annual Golden Revel." Roman's eyes shimmered as he nodded. "I've been helping Logan with getting everything set up."

"No!" Roman pouted with a whine as he grabbed Patton's arm before giving Virgil puppy dog eyes. "Make him stop working."

"Sir-..."

"You're not supposed to work on this revel!" Roman screeched before just huffing again and leaning against the wall.

"I always work on the Golden Revel. Just as I help work on every party or revel that you plan. I AM on your council. It would make sense that I would help." Roman didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at the floor. "Sir, are you-..."

"PATTON!" Patton frowned as he turned to see Logan calling after him.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Is there anything you needed or-..." Roman shook his head as he waved Patton off.

"No, I'm good. You can go see what that's about." Patton nodded before running off as Roman growled to himself. "Does he really not know what this party is even about?" Virgil gently placed a hand on Roman's arm making the prince smile a bit. "It's ok, Mi Cariño. I guess I'm just a bit upset... at myself mostly. Had I just never told him what this party was for? Or had he forgotten?"

'What is the party for?' Roman lit up as he took Virgil's hand and quickly started to pull him off towards the sitting room. Virgil squeaked making Roman blush as he pulled him into the room. All these portraits hung around the room catching Virgil's attention. They made it to the last painting he froze up. It was of Patton. Roman chuckled as he pointed to the date making Virgil's eyes widen.