16: Sweetest Devotion

Start from the beginning

There wasn't any shade being thrown around, no side eyes, or anything messy going on with Hazel being there. April had introduced Hazel to the kids with Chris and Dave's permission and the girls were a little iffy about her until Royalty pretty much broke the ice since she already knew Hazel. Make no mistake Royalty drilled Hazel asking her whereabouts and telling her about all the special events in her life that she had missed. On the other hand Kairi was still trying to read her so she was cool on her but she didn't completely rule her out. Meanwhile Charlie was taking cues from Kairi so until Kairi deemed Hazel worthy that's how it was going to be. She had even came bearing gifts for every occasion that she had missed out on. Birthday gifts for all of the girls, baby shower gifts for Charlie, and gifts just because. She was trying to make up for lost time. Chris was being cordial with Hazel but his ass was definitely playing her close and watching her around his kids even closer. Honestly Hazel was lucky as hell that Chris was even down for her to speak and be around both Royalty and Charlie shit even Kairi because she was his baby girl too. But other than that the night had been going pretty good.

As far as April and Dave they were chilling after the way their date night had ended a few days ago. Dave felt like he was all in but he also felt like April wasn't giving out the same energy he was and he needed them to be on the same page. He understood her resistance. He respected it but he felt like he needed her to not even think about the next man and just focus on him and what they could eventually be again. He needed that shit gone like now. He couldn't sit back, watch, and fight for her while she was still willing to go out and entertain others. Well he could it just meant that he was going to have to fight even harder to get her back. He knew it wouldn't be easy but damn it he knew she was worth every bit of a fight. Luckily he was able to turn around that night but it didn't end the way he expected it to.

Flashback

Dave punched the steering wheel pissed off this isn't how he saw the night ending. Turning off the car and hopping out he hit the alarm and raced up the steps and over to April stopping her from opening the door. "Ma wait" he sighed as he tried to make sure that his head was in the right space because he didn't want this night to turn into a shitty one especially with it being one of the best dates they had in a long while.

April turned around sighing as she leaned up against the front door clearly annoyed. "What"

"I don't want the night to end like this. We were just having a good time" he said as he cupped her chin and lifted her face making sure her eyes were fully on him.

"Then stop making a big deal out of nothing" she fussed. "We both know that I'm not seeing anyone. No one is even getting my time and attention but you and that's because ya ass is slithering on in any chance you get. You were in my room listening when I was on the phone with that man. You heard what he said"

Dave sighed he had indeed heard what he had said so he knew that was his only time besides tonight that he had called her to his knowledge. He wanted that shit to be his second and last time calling. "I don't want to share you with anybody. I want you to myself. It's the jealousy in me and we both know that you belong to me. You were made for me" he admitted.

April sighed but still kept her eyes on him. "Like I keep telling you do what you need to do then. If that man called back after the way you came at him clearly he ain't worried bout you so why you worried bout him"

Dave nodded. He knew that some mean didn't give a fuck who a woman was talking to, dating, or even married to. They were still going to shoot their shot regardless. Sometimes men loved the challenge and to chase after taken women. It was a game to them and another notch on their belts if they succeeded. "Then how bout we throw away the last five minutes and end this date the right way and while ya at it you can delete and block his number" he knew he was asking a lot by telling her to delete and block Manny's number when they weren't official yet but to him there was no point in keeping Manny's contact information.