7. Aghaz | beginning | آغاز

Start from the beginning

Sani and I checked our schedule again and again, realizing it was quite overwhelming. Could we really manage this workload in an eight-hour day? Sani subtly signaled her apprehension, but Dr. Khan seemed unfazed, busy with his work. A knock on the door interrupted us.

"Come in," Dr. Khan said, and in walked a very handsome man in a crisp white coat, carrying a stethoscope. His features were striking, as if he had just stepped out of a Vogue magazine. I discreetly glanced at him but immediately looked down, embarrassed that I was staring at a stranger. Sani noticed, and her lips curved halfway—she had witnessed my moment of distraction.Oh my god. What would she thought. I'm going to marry and still staring at another men.. Way to start new day. :(

“Good morning, sir; you called me," he said with a deep voice.

"Oh, sorry, I was just completing this line but ended up finishing the whole paragraph," Dr. Khan replied sheepishly. "Hamza, meet Saniya," he motioned toward Saniya and then at me. We both stood up and turned fully towards him.

"And Rumi, our new interns of this year. Ladies, he is Dr. Hamza Shah, our Senior Resident in Cardiology," Dr. Khan finished. Dr. Hamza glanced at both of us, and his gaze lingered momentarily on me before he greeted us. We replied in turn.

"Both of you will work under him since you studied cardiology in university" Dr. Khan said, to which we both nodded.

"And hamza I've told you about them and all thier details.i told them a little about thier work I hope you will carry from where I left.”

"Of course, Fayaz sir, I will," Hamza replied warmly, though something in his tone seemed cold. He looked at both of us.

"Follow me," he said, and we went after him. Dr. Fayaz called out, reminding Hamza to be gentle, and he nodded in acknowledgment.Despite his striking appearance, Dr. Hamza seemed cold, and we were left wondering how we would work under him

He entered a corridor full of rooms after taking a turn.And we were following him closely. He never once turned to look if we are coming or not. I clutched sani's hand as Dr. Hamza led us to a big room that looked like his cabin. He turned toward us and spoke after a long look.

“this is my cabin. Take a seat.” he said, sitting on the other side of the table. The initial briefing included an overview of the hospital's policies, a tour of the facilities, and an introduction to the hospital's electronic medical record system. Soon, he briefed us on our overall responsibilities, handed us white coats.

“I don't want any compromise in my work understood?” he warned us on which sani nodded and he raised his eyebrow at me. I realized I didn't reply.

“ok” I said.
"You can go.ive told you direction where you've to work.” he said busing himself in files. and we left the room.

Throughout the day, we observed various procedures, interacted with patients under supervision, and attended rounds with the medical team. We learned how to navigate the hospital's protocols, including emergency codes, patient admissions, and discharge procedures.

As I mentioned before, we had so much work that we got late. Our shift ended at 4:00, but it was 5:00 when I called my brother Rashid, our driver. He had reached the hospital when Taha, my brother, called me, saying he was on his way to pick me up. I told him not to come, but he insisted, mentioning he was close and would take me home. So, I agreed.

Sani's driver hadn't arrived yet. Soon, my brother arrived, and I asked him to drop Sani too.

"Our driver has come. Ask him to drop her. I don't have time," my brother said rudely. My eyes widened; he had never spoken like this before, and especially not to Sani's face.

"I didn't ask you to drop me, mister. So you can take your driver with yourself," she retorted and walked in front of the hospital. I knew she had a short temper.

"Okay, Rumi, ask Rashid to go home," my brother stubbornly said.

"Bhaiii!" I glared at him and went toward Sani, trying to make her understand. Finally, she agreed to go with our driver, as it was getting late.

I sat in car in bhai's car.. And look toward him.

“Bhai, what was that?"

"Rumi, I really don't want to talk about it.

"You can't just talk to her like that. And what harm would it have been if you had dropped her?"

"Rumi, please, okay, I'm sorry. But we have to reach home early as Hania's family has arrived.

"They're coming today?" I asked, surprised, as I didn't know they were coming. My brother sighed.

"You didn't know?" he asked, and I shook my head.

"Ammi must've forgotten to tell you."

I hummed and drift to my lala land thinking about zayan. Did he agree because he wants it too? Or is it because of his parents? NO he doesn't do anything as long as he doesn't want something himself. No one can blackmail me to do something. Maybe he thought to gave me a chance. I will be married to zayan raza khan. The dream I have been watching since I didn't even know what marriage is. And now look I will be married to him. Like literally I will be so close to him. We'll live in same house side by side. So close.and I will look his everyday which I yearn to see everyday. . I thought and blushed. Oh gosh what am I even thinking.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Guys this chapter was so boring but I had to write a chapter telling rumi's schedule in upcoming days.

And yes I loved doctor's profession so much that I made my character a doctor but it came to write her schedule I was blank. Like literally how to write her day😭😭 but I tried please correct me if I something wrong. Asni have no knowledge about it. 🙂

And what do you think about DR HAMZA SHAH? 😏