Chapter 16

"Jason, hi."

"Hello, Kayla. What brings you here?"

"Uhm..i think i just saw Jackson-"

"Jackson, where?"

"Yea. He kept calling me Lisa."

Jasons facial expression dropped and he was now clearly very angry. His eyes went a darker blue and he curled his fists.

"Where is Jackson?" His voice was loud and angry.

"I don't know h-he w-was.."

"He was what Kayla?" At this point Jason had grabbed both my arms and pulled me closer to him while looking down at me. I hate being short. But...love being under this man, wait what? What am I saying? I don't even know him.

"Nothing he just...s-scared me-" His eyes locked on mine. I could see he was trying to read me.

"Where is he now?" His voice was now deep but softer than what it was. We heard a crack and we both turned to face the path my friends and i took to come over for breakfast. Laura emerged from the bushes, her hair ruffled like she had been walking in the wind for hours. She froze at the sight of Jason and I.

My back was against the tree and Jason was towering over me with a firm grip on both my arms, pinning me to the tree. His right leg between mine slightly pushing my legs apart. Our faces were inches apart. Now i know how this looks but...i don't even know how we got to this position.

"Kayla, found you." Her voice was shaky but calm. She came towards us and pulled me away from Jason. She took my hand and led me back to camp. I looked back at Jason and he picked up his hand to wave good bye. I couldn't wave back to him cause i had Laura pulling me faster.

"Why were you there?" She said sounding confused. As we walked halfway down the path.

"I-i was just-" i didn't know how to answer her at all. How do i tell her that i got chased by his brother who seems to think i am his ex-wife.

"Don't tell me rather." She had a annoyed tone and i could tell she didn't want to know. We finally made it back to camp and Jaime ran to me lifting me in his arms, hugging me tight.

"Where did you go?" Jaime had concern in his voice but he also had a touch of suspension lurking in his eyes.

"I found her by the waterfall." Laura called out before i could answer. Laura looked at me with a 'go with it' look.

"Yea. I took a walk to the waterfall." I tried not to look him in the eyes cause if i did i would've gave away my lie.

Anyways the day went on and Jason had been constantly on my mind. I kept thinking about him and Jackson. But, a horrible smell invaded my nose. I thought Laura had tried to cook something but then i realised they all are also trying to figure out what the smell is. It was as if someone was burning rotten meat with cloth, and grass. There was also a strong paraffin smell in the air. It was like someone took a decayed animal and set it on fire with paraffin and a blanket.

The thick smoke in the air made my nose burn. My throat got sore as i had to breathe through my mouth cause my nose was completely blocked. The thick black smoke made me choke and cover my mouth and nose. Then we all heard a sound that made us all freeze in place. It was a women screaming in pain. The sound of her high pitched voice made my body cold. And goosebumps arise across my skin.