= sensitive =

Most time, Lily is great at keeping her emotions at bay but when things get out of hand, she'll go crazy. It was often due to school work and it made her go even crazy as she's now in university. Even though she doesn't attend university that often, she's still obligated to do the assignment and tests and obviously, finals. On top of that, she had to practice for performances and what not.

One day, everything seems to be going south for Lily. Since it's her day off, she decided to go to her university to attend her classes. The day started off fine, except for the fact that she cried till her eyes were badly swollen the night before. It was obvious to everyone looking that she had been crying but no one said a thing. Her manager dropped her off at the university and all was going well. But then things started to go south during lunch.

She had asked her friends if they'd like to have lunch together since she barely see them and they had agreed very happily. That made Lily so excited that she bought quite a few things off the menu as she will be the one paying. She even bought food for them so that she can treat them to a nice meal. Then, as she was arranging the food on the table and waiting for them, she get a call from one of her friend.

"Urm, I think we wouldn't be able to make it, Lily. You see, we have lots of work to do today. I'm sure you can understand, right?" She became speechless as she stares at the food in front of her. Still, she hum. "Of course, I totally get it. It's my fault for telling you guys on short notice." She even had the energy to laugh gently while she's trying so hard to not cry. "We're so sorry, Youngwon."

Before they could explain any further, Lily ended the call and began eating by herself. Then, she had the rest for takeout before heading back to her house. She thought her bad luck ended there for the day but that was totally not it.

After having dinner, she wanted to start on her assignment as she had planned to have it done by that night but when she went searching for her file where she kept all her notes in, she couldn't find it anywhere. She messaged her classmates, asking if they had seen it but none of them did. That had her feeling so anxious as the notes that she had worked so hard to do is inside that file.

And if she doesn't find the file anytime sooner, she will fail her classes. Lily stood up from her study chair and head out to search for her file in the living room where the other members are chilling, watching television and having chicken and beer for dinner. Her disheveled condition truly shows that she's struggling to find something. "Have you guys seen a brown file around here somewhere?" She asked, looking at them with tears swelling in her eyes.

"No. We haven't seen anything of that kind. Did you lose it?" Jake asked and Lily nodded her head. "Fuck it. I'm just going to do the assignment from scratch." She sighed and went back into her room to do her assignment but due to the fact that her precious file is nowhere to be seen, she became so stressed that her brain is not working so she decided to take a walk and buy her favorite frozen yogurt down the street.

She put on her (Heeseung's) hoodie and left the house after telling the guys where she's heading. After buying the frozen yogurt, she feels a bit better but before she could even have a taste of it, someone bumped into her and made her drop the dessert onto the ground. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Let me buy you a new one." The man was so apologetic but with the streak of bad things that has been happening to her, she couldn't take it no more.

Lily declined the man's offer to buy her a new cup of frozen yogurt and walked out of the store, crying. "FUCKING WORST DAY EVER! FUCK EVERYTHING!" She screamed. It's just the fourth day into 2024, yet things have been going so bad for her. Tears run down her cheeks messily and she didn't even bother to wipe them away as she entered the house. Everyone's eyes were immediately on her in shock as she slammed the door opened.

At first, they were about to scold her for slamming the door but upon seeing her bloodshot red eyes, their gaze softened. Sunoo stood up from the couch and went to wipe her tears away with his thumb. "Lily? What happened? Why are you crying?"

The girl slowly push his hand away, "nothing happened. Something got into my eyes. Sorry for slamming the door. I didn't mean it." She then rushed back into her room to take a nap before going back to complete her assignment but then she got a message from her lecturer in the class group chat that they're going to have an important exam tomorrow that she had never studied for.

Lily jumped onto her bed and took her pillows to cover her mouth as she screamed into it. The streak of bad luck seems to be unending for her and she's so tired of it, really. Jake rushed into Lily's room to check on her. "Lily?"

She got up and ran towards Jake to hug him. The guy was shocked at how sudden it was. "Woah. What happened? Why are you crying so much?"

"Everything sucks today. I just— I'm just so tired of this. I don't want to do this anymore." Jake knows how hard it is to be a university student while also working as an idol. Lily truly have his full respect on how she managed to balance the two but he also know that it could be too much for the girl sometimes. Jake engulfed her tired body and patted her back, knowing she probably need it so badly.

She cried harder. "My friends cancelled on me last minute. I've already bought so much food and I was anticipating for it because we barely met but now, I just feel so pathetic. I—" Jake awed. He remembered how this had happened to Lily. Yet, she's still too soft to say no and confront them about it. "Then, I lost an important file that contains all my notes. I worked so hard for them. Huwaaa!"

The burnt out is real as she sobbed into Jake's shoulder. "Then I went to the store to get my favorite frozen yogurt but someone dropped it before I could even have a taste of it. Why does only bad things happen today? I hate it so much, oppa. I'm so tired of this." Her body shook violently as her emotions take over her whole body. Jake could truly feel her exhaustion and it hurts him that there's nothing he could do for her.

He just let her cry it all out to him until she ran out of energy and fell asleep while still sobbing and standing. Jake sighed and pick her up before laying her down gently on her bed. He turned on her humidifier and even put a few drops of essential oil to reduce her stress level into the water. Jake tucked her in carefully and landed a soft peck on her forehead. "Tomorrow will be better, Lily. Hang in there, my little angel. You've worked so hard and I'm so proud of you."

Jake kissed her on the forehead one last time before leaving the room to let the girl rest. Obviously, as soon as he left the room, everyone rushed over to him like a pack of hyenas to ask what happened. Jake sighed and told everything to them.

Sunoo frowned, "I feel so bad for her. She's been working so hard for the notes too. Gosh. I could only imagine how bad she must've felt." Jungwon agreed to the guy. "Do you think there's something we can do to make her day a bit better tomorrow?"

Sunghoon hummed and smiled, "I think I have a great idea."

##

ps: this chapter is heavily inspired by my day today because everything seems to fail on me today and I'm so tired of it, truly 😭. Almost jumped off a building but that's a story for another day. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter while I continue to suffer to complete my assignments 😭.