Chapter 3

Time skip to the day when the students arrive

Yn Pov:

Professor McGonagall walked up to me. "When I come in with first years, I want you to stand behind them and stay behind. When the doors open, you will come in to get sorted, clear?" She instructed. "Yes, ma'am." I nodded. I stayed behind a pole as I heard many students coming in loudly. The ONLY time I wish I didn't have super hearing.

The sorting ceremony had begun and I stayed in front of the doors, I was wearing my normal everyday clothes as Dumbledore instructed.

The Great Hall doors opened and I walked through with a wide smile

The Great Hall doors opened and I walked through with a wide smile. I heard a lot of people whispering.

"No way, SHES STAYING AT HOGWARTS WITH US. DREAM COME TRUE!"

"That's her!"

"Yo, you got a chance, dude!"

I rolled my eyes slightly at the last comment, but kept walking with a wide smile. Dumbledore stepped down from his podium and shake my hand once more. I walked over to the chair and sat down. Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on my head.

"My! My! What a pleasure to have Ms. Evans here. I'd say you're an identical copy of your mother! All right... Smart, brave....ready to stand up to what's right.....not cunning enough for Slytherin....kind, but not too kind...." The sorting hat grinned, "Might as well be....GRYFFINDOR!" One of the tables erupted with cheer as half of the table stood up to shake my hand. Professor McGonagall, Snape, Hagrid, and Professor Dumbledore all smiled at me as I smiled back.

"I'm Ron Weasley!" Ron stuck out his hand before anyone else. I shook it.

"I'm Ginny Weasley!" She stuck out her hand smiling and I shook it.

"I'm-" some boy was cut off by Professor Dumbledore.

"Students! This year, Hogwarts has been chosen to uphold one of the most oldest traditions: the Triwizard Tournament!" Everyone erupted in whispers before Dumbledore started talking again, "The Triwizard Tournament is a contest between three schools; Beaux Batons, Drumstrang, and Hogwarts. Now, please welcome Madame Maxine and her girls from Beaux Batons!" The great doors opened and girls came in with a little show. I saw Fleur and was excited to see her again. I looked over to see all the boys drooling over them. I rolled my eyes as I looked at Dumbledore shaking hands with Madame Maxine. Then Dumbledore went up to his podium again, "And please welcome Igor Karahoff with his boys from Drumstrang." I snapped my head to the entrance to see Krum with a lot of seventh year boys. I peaked my head out and Krum saw me and smirked. I stuck out my fist and Krum took that chance to openly fist bump me.

"So good to see you!" Dumbledore said shaking Igor's hand.

"The Triwizard Tournament is testing your skills in three deathly tasks, leading to eternal glory." Dumbledore tapped the goblet.

...........................................................................

Time skip

Yn Pov:

I got to the Room of Requirements and saw an elf already closing my trunk. He heard me walking and turned around.

"Oh, Miss Evans! Good to see you! I'm Dobby. Dobby the house elf." Dobby extended his hand and I shook it smiling.

"Oh, Dobby, you didn't need to pack my stuff, I can do that myself." I looked over to the neatly packaged luggage.

"Oh, Headmaster Dumbledore suggested that I do it. Sorry, I didn't know." He frowned.

"Oh it's fine, don't worry, I actually want to thank you, sir." I smiled.

He looked at me wide eyed. "Sir? I like you very much!" He smiled at me.

"It was good meeting you!" I picked up my suitcase and Ajax's cage.

He smiled and waved goodbye. He snapped his fingers and disappeared. I walked to the common room. Professor McGonagall told me the password to the common room before supper.

"Balderdash." The fat lady slightly nodded and opened the door. I walked through with all of my stuff and saw a lot of people in the common room. I saw a lot of redheads. Same ones from the Quidditch World Cup.

"Can anybody tell me where the girl's dormitory is?" I sighed.

A girl with wavy hair stood up and walked over to me. "Here, I'll help you." She grabbed my cage and my bag. "I'm Hermione." She said. She linked arms with me and we started walking towards the stairs.

"Hermione! We want her too!" Yelled Ron. "Ronald Weasley! Let the girl get settled in first!" She turned around to see Ron scoff.

"Bet. I'll get her first." Ron whispered, Hermione didn't hear it but I stopped and turned around.

"Really Ron? You wanna place a bet on me? Have you ever heard of first impressions?" I scoffed. "How didn't you hear that? I barely breathed!" Ron looked at me wide eyed. "Yeah, mate, you're dead." Said the twins in sync.

I rolled my eyes and went to our dorm. I shared a room with Hermione and two other girls I didn't know. I waved my hand and the wind carried my clothes from my trunk into place. My cello was still small in my trunk. I got all of my other stuff out and went back down to the common room. I sat down on one of the couches and Hermione sat next to me.

"I'm Fred." Said one of the twins. "I'm George." Said the other. "Don't mix us up." They said in sync. I chuckled and nodded. "I'm Yn-" "We all know who you are!" Ron said moving closer. I moved away, still sitting next to Hermione.

"Do we have classes tomorrow?" I turned to Hermione. "Luckily, no." I nodded at Hermione. Some guy was sitting really close by the fire, staring at me. His long sleeve shirt caught on fire and he realized that minutes later. He started panicking and I just snapped my fingers and the fire was gone instantly. Everyone looked at me wide eyed.

"What?" I asked looking around. "T-thanks." The guy said shocked. "Seamus, better watch out." Said George. "I'm off to bed." I got up and went to my dorm. I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep the moment my head hit the bed.