•seulrene•

|irene/seulgi|

•underwater•

1/4/24

Kang Seulgi was known to be adventurous. She may look like a secluded woman but as they say looks can be misleading. Another thing about Seulgi is that she loves the ocean. She can usually be seen there 4/7 days of the week. The ocean had always calmed Seulgi down.

It was around 8pm when Seulgi went down to the beach. It wasn't that cold so the opted to wear a light pink cardigan with her white dress. Once she arrived she was quick to rip off her sandals and run straight for the water. The sand in her toes felt icky but that didn't matter to her. Seulgi stared at the water watching it wish-wash over her feet. "I wish I was a fish or something...it would be so nice and calm..just swimming." she ranted to no one particular (just herself). She silently walked back and sat in the sand, pulling her knees to herself listening to the waves crash. She was lost in thought when suddenly she heard something that sounded like crying. She raised an eyebrow trying to pin point the sound. She stood up walking around trying to find where the noise is coming from.

As the noise grew louder she realized that it had been coming from next to the giant rock just by the water. She quickly walked over there and that's where the crying was very apparent. Seulgi climbed up the rock looking down and before she could ask if they were okay, she let out a shocked gasp. In the sandy water was a a woman. But the strange thing about her was that instead of legs..she had a dark red tail that was glistening from the moonlight. She had long black hair and and her tail was wrapped in a fishing net. The mermaid appeared to be struggling to remove the net from the tail. As she was trying to remove it she was startled when she heard a gasp from above. She hesitantly looked up and saw a beautiful woman staring at her in shock. The mermaid attempted to get away but she had failed due to her tail being stuck.

Seulgi realized how frighted the mermaid looked and she quickly snapped out of her shocked phase. "Hey..are you okay..I'm not gonna hurt you I promise..if it makes you feel better my name is Seulgi" the mermaid just stared at her before slowly looking down at her tail..flicking the fin to show it being stuck. The mermaid had then spoke. "It's..my tail..it's stuck" she said quietly. She avoided eye contact with the other woman looking down bashfully. Seulgi looked down and made a little 'o' shape with her mouth. She silently logged herself down. The mermaid flinched slightly but looked at the girl slightly. Seulgi was quick to undo the net on her tail. The part on her fin was really knotted but Seulgi had remembered that she had her pocket knife. So she grabbed it and was quick to cut the rest off completely freeing the mermaid of the net.

The mermaid flicked her fin smiling at the feeling of being released. "Thank you..Seulgi.." the mermaid said quietly. Giving her a beautiful smile. Seulgi smiled back at her. "You're really pretty.." she said shyly. The unnamed mermaid smiled at her "Thank you Seulgi, your hair is really pretty, it's so long"! The mermaid said cheerfully. Her fin flapped in excitement.

Seulgi sat on the rock next to the mermaid. "Thank you hun, out of curiosity, how did your tail get stuck in the net?" The young mermaid sighed to herself. "Soooo I was going on a swim, as we mermaids usually do, and I saw a really pretty shell but it was next to the dock over there" she pointed at the dock. "As I was grabbing the shell from underneath the dock I didn't notice the fishnet hanging from the pillar. And as I turned around my tail was already stuck and yeah.." the mermaid pulled her tail to her chest flicking her fin every now and then. The mermaid looked at her. "Anyways, why're you out so late? I thought humans only came during the day!" Seulgi smiled at her. "Well, I guess you could say I really like the ocean..it's always been my safe spot"

The mermaid nodded at her. "The ocean is always so pretty at night" Seulgi nodded in agreement. "Oh by the way my name is..Irene" Seulgi smiled at her. "That's a really pretty name" she said. The two of them continued to talk all night until Seulgi had to leave. They made a promise to meet each other again the following night.

pt.1?