30: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

┏━━━ ————————━━━┓

𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐂𝐡. 30
"I'm on my own side.
as a Mikaelson and a Salvatore."

┗━━━————————━━━┛

— "IT WAS THEIR MOTHER, Esther who was sealed in the coffin." Elena told the Salvatore siblings as they all stood around her kitchen.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan asked.

"No, as in the original wackadoodle." Skyler rolled her eyes as she sat comfortably on top of the counter.

"How is she even alive?" Damon questioned, "Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community." Elena explained, "Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan pointed out with a frown.

"Well not anymore..." she responded, "at least not according to Elijah."

Skyler hopped off the counter and pointed an accusing finger at both brothers, "This is why I said don't trust the Mikaelsons. Did you listen? Nooo."

"Okay, you never said those exact words." He pointed out defensively, she glared at him.

"Okay enough." Stefan told his siblings, "That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us apart."

Damon looked around, "Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Skyler raised a hand. What? She had to play her part and acting like she hated the Mikaelsons was far too easy when it didn't include her husband.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena told them in what Skyler guessed was supposed to be a reassuring tone but a glance at her brothers told her they didn't really feel reassured. The doorbell rang as if on cue as the doppelgänger said, "I believe him."

She turned around, going to the door. She picked something up before she turned around to find the Salvatore siblings behind her, watching curiously. "What is it?" Skyler asked knowingly. She had received her invitation to the Mikaelson ball early this morning paired with a dress hand-picked by Kol (with help from Rebekah, she was sure.)

Elena opened the envelope, removing a card, "It's an invitation," she told them, reading aloud, "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails, and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan questioned confused.

Elena turned to them with wide eyes, "The Original Family."

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon asked.

She turned the card over, seeing something else written in the blank space, "Wait, there's a note on the back." She told them, and read the note aloud, "Elena, I think it's time that we finally met, Esther."

ೃ⁀➷

"IF Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why." Elena told the brothers.