TWO

"It's Bidelspash, now say it again, slowly"

"Bride Splash"

"Oh god" Selma sighed "Cassie you're worse than my little brother"

Selma swung by on Friday evening, after my session with the therapist. We were home alone, as usual. My mother is always absent. Probably working her ass off. Seriously, I have no clue what her job is; she leaves before the sun even thinks about waking up and returns very late. At this point, I might as well be living with a ghost—I think I've forgotten what she looks like. I can simply say that i'm living alone. Sometimes, when i'm not in a mood, i just skip school and my mother won't know. Usually, school calls her but she's too busy to notice these phone calls. She doesn't even check her home phone. 

"Anyway" Selma asked while making coffee. "What did she say? "

"Bride Splash? " i asked. 

She gave me a funny death stare. "You know who i'm talking about. Stop acting stupid. "

"Well.. "

"Spill"

"She said that i'm seeking attention, that i don't know how to properly love.. Nonsense" 

I shrugged my shoulders. She knows it's not exactly what the therapist told me. I know her it's been 7 years, of course she'll know! 

"And.. She begged me to go back to school.. "

"About that.. "

"Please don't! "

I hate this topic. It makes me feel bad and it gives me the creeps. but seeing Selma's look, i sighed: "Look, i still don't know yet. I think I'm not fully ready. With all the fake rumors spreading, and the looks people will give me.. "

"Fuck people. Don't worry about them. I'll be right next to you, I'll change your mood. "

I couldn't say no. I really couldn't. Selma is always there for me. I can't let her down. 

"Okey, i'll go"

A spark of joy lightened on her face. 

We drank our coffees silently..