4. KNOWING EACH OTHER DEEPER

In the Medical room:

Karan walked towards the door to open it but to his surprise he found that the door had been locked from outside..

Karan : (trying to unlock the door) - " Koi hai bahar ? We are locked inside!
Plz open the door.. Koi hai ? Darwaza kholiye.."

Monami : Karan, Abh ham kya karenge.. Bahar kese jayenge !! Hamare paas toh mobile bhi nahi hai.

Karan : It's already 9pm, Lagta hai ship attender nai bahar se room lock karliya hoga . We have to wait till mrng for him to open the lock again.

Monami : Hmm., There's only one window and that's meshed up. Can't even get out through it. We are helpless !

The room was small with 2 - 3 racks, arranged with medicines and had a mattress on an elevated platform with a blanket, which was basically for the patients to rest while getting checked up.

Monami feeling cold due to the weather and her offshoulder dress went and settled herself on the mattress snuggling into the blanket.

Karan was still standing at the door , knocking it.. hoping someone might hear him and open the door. But it was of no use ..
He went and sat beside Monami.

Karan : Thand lag rahi hai ?

Monami : Haa bohot.. Thand bhi aur bhook bhi ..
She complained to him like a small kid.

Karan gave his coat to her and went around to search if he could find something to eat..
Monami put on his coat and then again snuggled herself into the blanket feeling its warmth.

Karan : Monami.. I could only find these ORSL packets.
He said., settling down beside her, handing over the packets to her.

Monami pierced the straw into the liquid packet and passed it on to him.

Karan : Yeh Maine tumhare liye laye hai.

Monami : Do hai ..
U have one and I'll have the other..

Karan : Hmm..

Monami : So Mr.Commando ! Tell me something about yourself.. I haven't known much abt you.

Karan : Mere bhare Mai kya batau.?
Commando hu deolali se Parakram Saf academy. Wahi academy Mai rehta hu. Ministry ne mujhe yeh mission assign kiya tha. This ship's passengers safety is my responsibility.

Monami : Ohh.. And your family ? Where do they stay?

Karan : Same.. Bhabhi aur baby-meri neice, deolali Mai hee rehte hai .Mai hafte Mai ek baar unse Milne jaata hu Ghar. Mera best friend hai Faizi - a commando too and my roomate as well.

Monami : Oh! That's nice.

Karan : And about you ?

Monami : I am from Mumbai. I stay with my dad there. Uk what Karan , this is my first time travelling alone like this . Papa ne mujhe kabhi ese jaane nahi diye. For the first time I asked him something like this, so that I can get a view of the opposite side of my pampered world too. And I am enjoying this journey. But I really miss my dad here. He is my life, best friend, family and everything.

Karan : And your Mom..?

Monami : I think I was 14 years old when I lost her forever. She got martryed . She was an army doctor ! Dad didn't want her to join the army but she fought for her dreams to serve the nation. When my mom got martryed , dad broke down emotionally and he became my only family. I only remember few moments spent with her but those were the best moments of my life. Whenever I recall those days spent with my mom or just remember her , a pride smile always adorns my face. She is my idol and my inspiration.