As soon as they were out of the earshot, Yoongi questioned,

"Taehyung-ah, whatever the fucker said, don't pay him any heed. He is not worth any attention."

"Hyung, he…" However, he was again interrupted by Jungkook who was running towards them.

"Where were you, let's go. You have to give your speech."

He let the prince pull him in his arms and walk him towards the reception venue. He had to school his expressions, he had to calm his thoughts. He couldn't spoil his hyungie's dream wedding and he couldn't let the fucker think that he had power over Taehyung. Taehyung was not going to let him win.

👑👑👑

The reception went smoothly despite it being a last-minute affair. After the newly married couple was sent off to their wedding suite, the prince and the scientist retired to their chambers. Jungkook, being dead tired, slept immediately. Taehyung on the other hand didn't have that luxury. He was not able to get an ounce of sleep that night. No, he wasn't scared for himself, he was scared for the safety of his child and Eun-ji. He knew Hiroshi couldn't directly harm Jungkook, he had no power for that. However, he could definitely use the contract against them. He had to get hold of the contract and destroy it.

👑👑👑

Taehyung was not sure when he slept but the next morning when he woke up there was no warm body pressing into him. He woke up uneasy with the thought of Jungkook not being close to him. He got off the bed with the need to search for the prince, only to find him sitting on the lounger nearby, reading a book. “How to be a dad your child deserves: The prenatal stage”, the title read.

“So, is this what you are using to turn our child against me?” Taehyung asked in his groggy voice, almost startling Jungkook.

“Tae, you scared me!” Jungkook spoke, holding a hand to his heart, but scooting one side, automatically making a space for his barely awake fiancé. Taehyung flopped himself on the lounger but mostly on Jungkook's body; who welcomed him nonetheless.

“And hey, why would you say that I am using this harmless book to turn our kid against you?” Jungkook asked, cuddling with the sleepy bear.

“Eun Said you keep talking to the foetus, telling them how I annoy you. I have a feeling that it definitely has something to do with this book.”

"God! You are so insecure! And no, I am not turning the kid against you. I was just telling them that you looked so handsome in your suit and I couldn't even kiss you. Eun was not supposed to listen to this. I told that brat to cover her ears!”

“Why would you tell that to the baby, though? Don't you think it is not really an appropriate thing to share with your child?”

“ Now that you put it like that, it is!” Jungkook sulked, in understanding.

“Why are you sulking now?”

Jungkook mumbled something incoherent, making Taehyung nudge him to speak a bit louder and more clearly.

“I don't know what to say to the baby. I just keep talking about random things in the hopes that they will recognise my voice after they are born… If not….”

The prince looked deflated while being unable to complete his sentence.

“If not what, Jungkookie?”

“If not, how will they know I am their other dad? They don't share Fifty per cent of my DNA like I hoped they would. It's only 25 percent. Technically speaking, I am just their uncle…”

“And?

“I know you think that you don't care about the bonding and all, but the kid is gonna love you regardless. Kids anyway tend to gravitate towards their biological parents…”