Chapter 8

West^^^😍
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning I woke up really early for a quick run to take my mind off of everything that happened last night. The thing that coming back to me was the hurt in Rhett's eyes. But he can't be mad at me for letting go of what ever little feeling I had for him and moving on. At least he knows how I felt when he had Veronica slutting around by his side every time I saw him. I also had to think about what our next move would be after Finn gives us in tell about my parents investigation. As soon as I got back everyone that was at the dining table eating attention was now on me.

"God Mia, where were you? You had me worried sick!" West announced. I could see the relief in his eyes from the sight of my presence.

"I was on a run, you know to take my mind off things." I explain. Rhett eyes averted to my frame. "If you thought I was missing you could've called or texted me. Why didn't you do anything?" I ask them.

"Well me and west we're going to head out to look for you, then Rhett said that you probably ran off somewhere and be back soon. We both agreed that was probably the case, but we were still worried." Finn spoke. I eyed Rhett. It seems as if he wouldn't have cared if I was gone for good.

"And again you didn't call me and ask for my whereabouts?" I mentioned once again.

"Off course we did but it went straight to voicemail, we thought your phone was dead." West added.

"Well my phone is definitely on 98% and I have zero missed calls" I show my phone up to the three. Then I notice West gazing at my phone case, like there was something missing. Or something that shouldn't be there. Which brings me to look at it. Everything seemed to be in place except for one tiny misplacing. A charm I was given to by the Youngs. That goes where my headphones jack would go in my phone but it's not there. But I came to a conclusion

"This isn't my phone." I say.

"What do you mean it isn't your phone?" Rhett questioned.

"It means exactly what I said- Rhett, Why are you here? Why did you come? If all you gonna do is be such a total prick! When I say something that is pretty clear, I think I know what I mean when I say it." I bit back at him. Everything got quiet. He looks at me then the ground then back at me. He does this for a while. Then continues to stare at the ground. It was time to break the silence.

"The charm...the Youngs gave me years ago- it had a location device, but I never knew where it tracks to. And I could never find the device that goes with it to activate it. But I'm guessing the people who stole my phone knows the location and they probably have device with them to." I explain. Another beat and I had a thought. "Who ever stole it is probably in close proximity and Finn can wire information to his computer about the real owner of this phone. And catch them before they find what ever the charm locates to." I finished. And Finn immediately took the phone from my hands and started, while I went to my room to freshen up. When I changed I sat on the bed and pulled a journal Aurora gave me. It had a lot of things from the past, when her and my mother were in highschool, college together, when she and my mother met Demitri and my father. How my father and Demitri hid their secret of the gang and how much it hurt them. And how they learn to not give mercy when killing someone, and if they did not obey orders their punishment was not getting paid or suffering beatings. But Aurora hid little clues. Like giving me ti- there was a knock on the door. 2 beats then 3 more tailing 2 more beats.

"Come in!" I offer. And only to see the frame of Rhett standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing?" He asks calmly. This gives me a sign that I don't have to blow up in his face.

I sigh. "Just re-analyzing Aurora's journal." I reply. The bridge of his nose scrunched together in a look of confusion.

"Who is Aurora?" He asks. Boy was he curious today. I guess I didn't give him the full run down.