Chapter 6

The loud, obnoxious noise of the air conditioner in my hotel room woke me up.

My head was throbbing like hell.

A let out a loud groan as I flipped over, covering my head with my pillow. Most of last night was a complete blur.

I threw my bed sheets off as I was starting to overheat, sweat on my forehead slowly built up. I grabbed the glass of lukewarm water on my night stand that was once cold.

Taking sips out of the water, I stood up instantly feeling dizzy.

"Holy shit." I whined as I sat myself back onto the edge of the bed.

At the same time, I heard three aggressive knocks on my hotel room door.

I quickly stood up, realising the only thing I was wearing was my underwear. The dress I was wearing last night was laying in a messy pile on the floor on the floor.

Scrambling to find something to cover myself, I grabbed my robe that was hanging up outside the bathroom door.

I opened the door, leaving a small gap just so I could poke my head through.

"How are you feeling?" Victoria said while stood in front of me with a McDonald's bag in her hand.

"Rough" I said grabbing the bag from her hand and pulling her into my room.

"Our flight to Jeddah is at 8 pm tonight." Victoria informs me while taking our food out of the paper bag.

"Can we not just wait until tomorrow?" I moaned while opening my box of chicken McNuggets.

"We could, but we aren't going to." Victoria said to annoy me.

I rolled my eyes and started eating the chicken nuggets.

"Wait, what time is it?" I asked concerned of why we weren't eating something off the breakfast menu.

"2pm." Victoria said with a disappointed sigh.

"Oh, whoops." I said with a shrug.

After we had finished our meal, we started packing up.

I was looking forward to Jeddah after my success in Bahrain, hoping to repeat that in the Grand Prix ahead.

Grabbing all the stuff from my cupboard, I threw it into the open suitcase I had laid down on the floor.

I felt so hungover, I wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry.

Stuffing the last things in my suitcase, I struggled to close the zip to the overfilled case.

"Vic, can you help me with this? This fucking zip won't budge!" I said throwing my hands up in defeat.

Victoria walked over muttering something under her breathe which I replied to with an eye roll.

As Victoria tried to attempt to close the case, I opened Instagram.

Oddly, the first picture on my feed were multiple pictures of Charles with a girl, that I would soon discover the name of.

Alexandra Saint Mleux.

"Vic, look! I think Charles has a girlfriend." I showed the phone in her direction.