Chapter 4: Lights out (1)

The sun was beaming through the open balcony door, I slowly woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm. "Holy shit, that is loud." said to myself. It was race day.

I scrambled about trying to turn my alarm off as I wasn't a morning person. I threw my head down on the pillow and let out a loud sigh.

Throwing myself out of bed, my phone buzzed just as I was standing up. I picked it up to see a good luck message from my mum.

A smile grew on my face as I read it, my mum always knew how to make me feel better even if she was in a whole different country.

Hey darling,  how are you feeling?
Wishing you and your dad all the best for todays race. Go smash it little one. x
-Mum

Thank you mum, missing you so much. Feeling a bit nervous but not too bad. I love you. x
-Natasha

The wardrobe doors I had left open last night were very slowly swaying due to the gust of wind that blew in through the balcony doors. My red bull shirt was hung up neatly in front of me.

I got changed into the shirt and some leggings. My hair was up in a tight ponytail, slowly giving me a headache. I placed a pair of sunglasses just above my forehead.

While I was choosing a pair of shoes, I heard a gentle knock on the door to my hotel room. I opened the door and Victoria breezed past me.

"What happened to hi how are you?" I said letting out a light laugh.

"Oh whatever, don't act like you don't just walk in when I open the door" Victoria scoffed
"Plus I've known you for like half my life we don't need to do that shit anymore" She added.

I rolled my eyes at her response still looking for a pair of shoes. "So how are you feeling about today?" She asked me. "Not too bad" I lied.

I was a nervous wreck.

"Not too bad" Victoria mocked me "Bullshit! I can tell when your nervous. Come on, how do you really feel? I'm literally your best friend." She glared at me with her arms crossed.

"I'm shitting myself." I said to her.

Letting out a light chuckle, she placed her hands on my shoulders "Don't worry about it, your gonna smash it, girl."

"Thanks Vic" I smiled as she brought me into a hug.

"Let's go, we should probably get going." Victoria said pulling away.

"Wait, what shoes should I wear?" I asked.

"These" I held up my white air forces.

"Or these" now holding up a pair of converse.

"I don't care, just put one of them on" she said rolling her eyes.

"Ugh, whatever" I scoffed putting on the air forces.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

The bag on my back was weighing me down as I stood up, almost causing me to lose my balance. Victoria was already out the door and walking away.

"Wait for me!" I shouted out.

We made our way down to the hotel lobby, exiting out the main door. The warm air engulfed me as I walked.