Chapter 5

"Charles is gonna be drooling over you." Victoria teased me as I walked out the bathroom in a tight black dress.

We had gone back to the hotel after the race to get ready to go out with the drivers, after Daniel had invited me.

"Oh shut up, I'm staying as far away from Charles as I possibly can." I scoffed, while examining myself in the mirror.

"Do you need a ride?" Victoria asked me.

"Daniel said that he was gonna get one of the drivers to come get me." I said while applying lip gloss. "Are you sure you don't want to come? It would be so fun."

"I might come later, but I just need to do a couple things." Victoria responded.

"Ugh, fine." I groaned with annoyance.

"So, what shoes?" I asked with a grin while pointing to my selection of heels.

"These." Victoria said picking up my favourite pair.

"You know me so well." I smiled at her as I took the heels from her grip.

"So how do I look?" I asked Victoria with a twirl.

"Hot."

We both let out a small giggle. I looked towards the clock on the night stand, and it read 21:36.

"Oh shit, I better get going." I said while picking up my bag and giving Victoria a kiss on the cheek.

"Ok, I'll see you later then. Text me if you need anything. Stay safe!" Victoria said as I opened the door.

"Love you!" I said closing it.

I walked confidently through the hotel down to the lobby.

"You have got to be joking." I said as I saw Charles standing by his Ferrari at the main entrance looking down at his phone.

My phone buzzed, I picked it up to read:

I'm outside.
-Random Number

The sound of my heels hitting the marble floor echoed around the lobby as I walked. Charles looked up and a smirk grew on his face.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I questioned him.

"To pick you up." He said in a duh tone while opening the passenger door to his car.

"Get in and drive, I don't want to be seen with you." I said avoiding eye contact.

The silence was drowned out by the roar of the Ferrari engine starting up. A notification from Victoria echoed around the small space inside the car.

Hey, did you get a ride?? x
-Victoria

Yep. Guess who the fucking driver is.
-Natasha

No fucking way.
-Victoria

Mhm. Talk later. x
-Natasha

Ok, good luck. x
-Victoria

"Congrats on your win today." Charles said, making me jump.

"Mhm. Thanks." I replied.

"You got lucky." He said staring forwards knowing that would piss me off.