chapter 1

Christian Horner bringing his own daughter through to formula one

My emotions were all over the place, I was elated but at the same time I was more nervous then ever, as expected.

I stood on the balcony of my Monaco apartment looking out at the boats in the harbour, taking in what my life would be for the next year and onwards, depending on my performance of course.

I heard my phone ringing from the kitchen, picking it up to answer. My dad on the other line, warmly greeting me. After exchanging in conversation for a while, I decided to say my goodbyes and get some sleep as I was getting a flight early in the morning, to fly to the UK for my Red Bull welcoming.

While I lay in bed, every possible scenario went through my head. I couldn't imagine anything going even the slightest bit wrong and what that could bring for me and especially my dad.

I sat fiddling away in complete darkness, feeling as if my dad could of made the wrong decision. Everything is happening so fast, making it very difficult to process. In some way, I don't feel ready.

As long as my dad believed in me I would be okay, eventually.

Most importantly, I would be the first ever woman in formula one, adding onto the already high nerves.

Being a female in a very men dominated sport will be difficult but as there were only two women in formula two last season, I feel like there wouldn't be much of a difference. Although, there has been multiple woman in formula two, but unfortunately none of them had made it as far as formula one.

One of the things I'm worried for the most is the media and what everyone would have to say. I know that a lot of woman follow the sport and would support me. At the same time there would be fans that disagree with my presence on the grid.

I want to stay away from social media as much as I possibly can. So I can stay mostly focused on racing and not what people have to say.

At last, my mind started to fall asleep. Helping me to drift off and get some rest.

                              _________

I hope you guys liked this first chapter, I apologise for how short it is. Please leave any feedback you have for me here >>

I did rewrite this as I hated the original one. The next few chapters will probably also be rewritten. Have fun reading x❤️