Chapter 17

When I wake up, I am lying on my bed. I look at the clock on the bedside table. It's seven o'clock already. My eyes are still wet from crying. I try to sit, but my limbs won't allow me. I recall the scene at the wedding hall. My eyes begin to water again. I clench my chest and feel my heart. Why is my heart still beating? It has lost its reason to beat. Why is it still beating? I break down again.

I can't forget the look Jungkook gave me. His eyes were full of pain, anguish and disappointment. How can I fail the love of my life?

This day should be the start of our forever, but why it has become its end? What has gone wrong? Are we really not meant to be together forever?

We were happy. We're excited about our wedding. The cake tasting, where we playfully wiped some icing on each other's faces was really amazing. Kookie was kissing me every now and then.

The suit fitting where we bickered on who's going to wear the white suit. When I said, he should wear it, the look of horror on his face was priceless. Then I said, I was just teasing him because I know he loves black. He tickled me after that and we continued our bickering.

The trip to the jewelry store to choose our wedding rings was unforgettable. Jungkook said that I should choose the one I really like no matter what the price is.

His constant calls to the travel agency to assure that our honeymoon trip will be smooth and without any mishaps.

We made sure that our wedding will be perfect but how come it became a perfect failure.

We had so many plans. We will build our own house, adopt two dogs and maybe a baby we can call our own.

I lost my prince in just one day. Tears continue to stream down my face. I wonder where Jungkook is now. Does he ever want to see me again? Is he also thinking of me right now? Maybe not, maybe he hates me to the core, after all I humiliated him in front of our families and friends.

Everything is perfect and I messed up. Maybe Jungkook should not marry me, the wrong twin. Maybe he should have chosen Taeyeon... wait...Taeyeon... the milk. Realization hits me like a lightning bolt.

I try with all my remaining strength to get up. I have to see Taeyeon, she had a hand in this mess. And here I trusted her, we trusted her. We thought she changed but she's just waiting for the chance to break us apart. I need to see her.

I get up from my bed, my mom comes inside my room and hugs me.

"Tae you're awake and you're crying?" She worriedly looks at me.

I hug her back and tuck my head on her chest. I continue to sob. "Mom...mom."

"Ssshhh, hush now, don't cry everything will be alright. I know you're maybe confused and unsure, but I know Jungkook will be there for you."

I cry even louder. "Mom, I messed up. I came late at my own wedding, Kookie is mad at me. He hates me."

"What are you saying Tae, it's just 7:30 in the morning and your wedding is at eleven? What are you on about?"

"Huh...but the milk and Taeyeon."

"Oh I didn't know it was your milk last night. I gave it to Taeyeon. I guess it helped her calm down. She's still sleeping like a log."

"Hurry now, the stylist is already here, you wouldn't want your Kookie to wait long, do you?" Mom teased. "And stop crying, you'll give the stylist a hard time."

I jump in relief. Suddenly, I feel alive. I'm such a dummy, it's just a dream, a nightmare. Then I remember last night, I went to the bathroom and when I came back to the dining, the milk was gone. I didn't drink it. I will have to confront Taeyeon later about it, but for now I'm so ready to wed my prince.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Yay! Did I give you a scare for a second there? Sowwy😊 Taekook wedding next. Are you all excited like me? 💞