Chapter 3

It is Monday, Taeyeon leaves early since she has to prepare for the audition of aspiring cheerleaders. My parents allow me to take the bus to uni after telling me their endless reminders of being careful, once again treating me like a kindergarten.

I opened the gate and was surprised to see an elegant car park in front. I'm wondering who's the owner but not for long because the car door opens and emerges my handsome prince, aka Jeon Jungkook, wearing a 3/4 sleeves fitted black polo paired with tight black pants. His hair is tied in a bun, wow! Am I still sleeping and dreaming right now? Or maybe not, because my prince... err...Jungkook is now approaching me with that damn bunny smile that makes the thousand butterflies in my tummy flutter in all directions. I just stare at him unable to speak when he clears his throat waking me up from my daydreaming.

"Good morning, Tae." Jungkook widens his smile and his bunny teeth on display.

I almost squealed but controlled myself. I'm too shy to meet his eyes. Can't blame me, I was caught drooling. Wait what if I am really drooling? Gosh, this is totally embarrassing. "Uhhmm hi Jungkook, nice car. Are you here to see Taeyeon? She already left for uni."

"Oh okay. W-would you like to ride with me Tae?" Jungkook looked nervous or maybe disappointed that he did not see Taeyeon and out of courtesy offered to drive me to uni.

It hurts thinking that's the case. "Oh I don't wanna burden you, I could just take the bus."

"You would never be a burden and besides we have first class together. Come, get in." he opens the car door for me.

"Okay thanks." This ride is going to be nerve-wracking. Me sitting closely beside my prince, smelling his addicting scent and stealing glances at his godly face, I swear I am doomed-doomed for a heartbreak because Jungkook is the prince I can only call mine in my dreams.

As I'm about to fasten my seatbelt, Jungkook reaches for it first and fastens it for me. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest because he's so close that I take a whiff of his captivating scent. He has a musky scent- powdery, clean and fresh with a woodsy undertone.

Before he starts the car, Jungkook hands me a cup of hot chocolate and a strawberry muffin. These must be for Taeyeon but she doesn't like hot chocolate and anything with strawberries. Taeyeon likes mocha latte and anything with peaches, yuck!

"Jungkook, if you want to impress Taeyeon, you should get her mocha latte and peaches flavored pastries. Hot chocolate and strawberries are my favorites not hers." I emphasized. Though inside I feel jealous of Taeyeon.

"Hmmm, impress Taeyeon, why would I want to impress her?" He looks confused.

Dumb me, of course he doesn't need to impress Taeyeon anymore. It's obvious my twin is already smitten by him. I did not answer him. I drink the hot chocolate and eat the strawberry muffin though they're not really meant for me, but the food is food and I have not eaten breakfast yet. I will just enjoy them after all they're my favorites.

Arriving at uni we met Taeyeon. "Oh Jungkookie, you came with Tae?"

"Uh yeah." He answered while scratching his nape.

"Jungkook was about to fetch you but you went to uni earlier, so he just offered me a ride." I feel the need to explain so my twin will not misunderstand.

"But I texted him that..." Taeyeon is not able to continue when her bestfriend Jiyeon comes and drags her saying they need to get to class.

Jungkook and I walk to our class together.

Lunch time at the cafeteria, me and Jiminie are seated already. Honestly I have no appetite. Why? I'm witnessing my twin and Jungkook talking and giggling softly to each other while ordering their food. Taeyeon is clinging on his arm.

"Are you going to eat or you'll just ogle at Jungkook?" Jiminie has a teasing grin on his face.

"Huh...who's ogling at who, why would I do that? He clearly likes my twin, like every person we meet, who always chooses Taeyeon." I countered with a pout.

"Who says everyone chooses her over you? Am here aren't I? I chose you as my best friend because you're not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside too. I love you bestie."

"Awww jiminie, I love you too bestie, I didn't know you can be this mushy and cheesy." I side hugs him.

Just then, Taeyeon and Jungkook approached our table. Taeyeon looks bored as if she has no choice but to talk to us.

"Tae, can we sit here? Seems all tables are taken, yours are the only ones with vacant seats." Taeyeon said in a huff.

"Yeah, no problem." Jungkook sits in front of me and puts a pack of fresh strawberries beside my food. I knit my brows, why is he giving me his strawberries?

"Jungkookie, I thought you like strawberries that's why you bought them, why are you giving them to Tae?" Taeyeon pouted as if someone snatched her toy.

"Huh, oh I think I had ordered too much, so I'm giving Tae the strawberries." Jungkook reluctantly answered while looking anywhere but me.

I stare at Jungkook. "Thanks, I guess." And we all continue eating our lunch. Taeyeon didn't comment anymore.

As we were about to leave the cafeteria and go to our afternoon classes, A student approached me. He's tall, handsome and attractive. He looked nervous as he was biting his lips.

"Excuse me, I've been seeing you in uni and I think you're cool. I'm Minho by the way. Can I get your name and number if that's not too much? I just want to get to know you."

"Huh, I... um." But before I can continue Jungkook cuts in. "Sorry, but we're in a hurry so please leave." He said while his jaw is clenched. Why does he look mad?

"Jungkookie, he just wants to meet Tae, don't be rude. Minho, aren't you one of the new varsity players?" Taeyeon asked in her sickeningly sweet voice. "Don't worry, he's Kim Taehyung my twin brother and give me your phone I'll punch in his number."

"Thanks, see you Taehyung-shi. Talk to you later." Minho winks at me and turns to leave.

"Why will you give Tae's number to a stranger?" Jungkook scoffed at Taeyeon.

"Taehyung here needs to have a romantic life, his life has been boring."

"My life is doing fine, thank you very much." I roll my eyes and drag Jiminie to class.

"Tae, maybe you really need someone to divert your attention to so you can forget about your crush with Jungkook. Minho isn't bad."

"Jiminie, I want to focus on my study and I don't think anyone can replace Jungkook in my heart."

"I'm saying there's no harm in trying, might even save you from breaking your heart further."

I didn't respond. I don't wanna talk about it anymore so we quietly head on to our class.

I walk to the parking lot to wait for Taeyeon so we could go home together. I am surprised to see Jungkook there leaning on his equally gorgeous car. He must be waiting for my twin.

"Hi Tae, are you going home already?" He greeted me with that bunny smile I'm so in love with.

"Oh yeah, I will wait for Taeyeon."

"Don't bother, she texted me that she's still in cheerleading practice. I can take you home if you'd like."

I don't really want to ride with Jungkook, I want to avoid getting close to him as much as possible but I am honestly tired and hungry. I just wanna get home, so I accepted his offer.

"Tae, are you hungry? There's this nice pizza place where you can choose and put your favorite toppings. Would you like to try it?" Jungkook asked.

"Huh...I'm kind of hungry right now so yeah maybe we can."

"Thanks you won't regret it, I swear." Jungkook chuckled.

He seems excited, I wonder why? Hmm maybe he's excited for the pizza.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

That's it for today. I know it's kind of a slow burn but please be patient. See you again on the next update. 💞