Chapter 6

After my last class I went to the parking lot hoping to ride with Taeyeon. I see Jungkook with his back facing me. He is talking to Yoongi hyung. I stop, they haven't noticed me yet. I didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"When will you confess you're undying love to your beloved Kook? I'm telling you, a lot of students here have their eyes on Tae-"

"I know hyung, but I'm scared that my love doesn't like me." Jungkook cuts in.

"Huh, why do you think so? You're a great guy Kook and handsome too, no one can reject you. I'm sure Tae-"

"But my love is not like others, my love is too perfect and no one can compare. I just feel I'm not enough." Jungkook cuts him again. "I will confess on Foundation day hyung. Pray for me that my love will accept me."

That's it, my prince will confess to Taeyeon. My heart breaks once again. I just wanna run home and hide in my bedroom. They notice me. I try to act normally. I look down so they won't notice my teary eyes. "Hi Yoongi hyung, are you waiting for Jiminie? He's in the library and working on his assignment." I tried to keep my voice normal and not as broken as my heart.

"Is that so? Oh I will go ahead then. Goodluck kook." Then he leaves us alone.

"Tae, uhmm."

"Oh I know Taeyeon will be late again and you'll offer to drive me home. Then c'mon let's go. I'm tired." I said with a hint of annoyance.

As we head home, Jungkook breaks the silence. "Tae, is there something wrong, you've been quiet? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I'm just tired." I lied. Yes, because I can't tell him that my heart is breaking because of him. That he should stop driving me home because he is keeping my hopes up and it's making me utterly frustrated.

"Oh okay, try to rest. School work can wait but your health is important." He said with worried eyes. Worried? Why would he worry about me? He should worry about Taeyeon after all he's gonna confess to her. I deeply sigh thinking of my pathetic one-sided love.

When we arrive at my house, I thank him and run inside. I enter my bedroom and lock the door. Not bothering to change my clothes, I lie down on my bed. This is it, Taeyeon will have the one person I love. She has everything why can't I have Jungkook. Jungkook who's so perfect, a total gentleman, handsome, thoughtful and fun to be with. Once again, I cry myself to sleep.

Eversince that day, I tried not to engage in a conversation with Jungkook. He still drives me home whenever my classes are over. I know he notices the sudden change in my behavior but he never pries.

It is the day of the Foundation party. Taeyeon looks really pretty and elegant with her pink ball gown decorated with shiny gems. She looks like a princess in a fairytale. Her long blonde hair is curled beautifully and will put Barbie to shame. Maybe that's why Jungkook likes her. A prince like Jungkook should be with a princess like Taeyeon. Then our doorbell rings, I hear Taeyeon excitedly opens the door.

"Oh it's you, Jung-"

Before Taeyeon could complete her sentence I left the living room and walked inside my bedroom. I don't wanna see Jungkook in Taeyeon's arms. I don't wanna torture myself more.

After that I am sure that Taeyeon and Jungkook left. I open my bedroom door and head to the kitchen. I need some ice cream right now. Just as I finished eating my ice cream, the doorbell rings.

I open the door and to my surprise, there Jungkook stands.

And my heart once again swoon. He looks really handsome in his outfit. Taeyeon is really lucky. I can't help but feel sad once again.

"Kookie, did Taeyeon forget something? Why did you come back?"

"Huh..oh I am not with her. I had some errands to do. I thought I might be late so I asked my friend Jung Hoseok to be with Taeyeon at the party."

"Oh so why are you here? Do you need anything?" I asked. And did I mention that I am happy inside that he's not with Taeyeon right now. I almost squealed and danced in front of him. Okay, now is not the time to embarrass myself.

"Errr...hmmm...Tae can I invite you to my house since we're both not attending the party? That's...if it's okay with you?" He nervously said while rubbing his palms together.

"Really? Are you really inviting me? I guess it's okay. Come inside and please wait for me in the living room. I will just change." I leave him and enter my bedroom.

Satisfied with my outfit, I leave my room and meet with Jungkook in the living room

Satisfied with my outfit, I leave my room and meet with Jungkook in the living room. He stares at me from head to toe. Wait, is that a look of admiration? Tae, don't sweat it. Maybe, he's just comparing you to Taeyeon after all you're twins, right? My insecurity is getting at me.

My thoughts are cut off when Jungkook clears his throat. "Uh, Tae are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." I timidly replied.

We drive to their house. Jungkook leads me to their backyard. I'm speechless because there's a deck in front of us. It is beautifully decorated with fairy lights. There's also a table with two chairs.

We sit down on the chairs

We sit down on the chairs. The foods are already laid on the table. I can't help but notice that the foods are my favorites-again? Did Jungkook make a mistake again? These are the foods Taeyeon will throw any day. Though we're twins, we don't have anything in common, well maybe except we both like Jungkook.

"Tae, what's wrong, you're awfully quiet. Don't you like the food? We can order if you don't like these."

"Oh that's not it, I really like them. You have made a mistake again. These are my favorites and not Taeyeon's." I answered him.

"Huh... what mistake and why are we talking about Taeyeon?" He looks at me with a confused expression.

Oh yeah, he doesn't want to talk about Taeyeon, maybe he's disappointed right now because he got late to the party, and was not able to confess to Taeyeon.

We start eating. I notice him glancing at me from time to time. The food is delicious. I really enjoy it. I momentarily forgot that this date is not meant for me but for my twin. It's just that Jungkook came late and Taeyeon already left for the party.

After we are done eating, Jungkook holds my hand. Wait, why is he holding my hand. Oh perhaps to thank me for accompanying him.

"Hmmm, Tae. I want to tell you something. I-i..."

"Jungkookie!" Someone shouts at the back before he can continue what he's about to say.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Any idea who calls Jungkook? See you on the next update.💞