▹ THIRTY-FIVE ;

☆ ⁺ « NOT KEEN TO BELIEVE

★˚⋆ YOU WERE CONVINCED YOU'D HEARD Trish wrong because there was no way Prince Donatello himself was hailing your ship just minutes after you'd passed through Bend Gate I. You fuzzily remembered Coco Jumbo or someone warning you away from the Prince. Cautioning against his capricious personality. You didn't have to be involved in Imperial politics to know about that.

You didn't think you had anything to do with him, besides maybe stealing at a few of his ugly-ass boutiques. Imperials didn't usually resort to exacting their own vengeance, though. Just what had you done to piss Prince Donatello off if he wanted to meet with your crew personally?

Was it possible that he also wanted the Stand Arrow?

Fat chance. He's going to have to get in line behind Zero.

"Answer it," you told Trish. "We shouldn't keep him waiting."

Trish accepted a comm. On the ship's cracked main display, a different prince than the one expected came into view. It was Prince Rikiel, looking drawn and tired. His mouth tightened when he saw all of you.

"Is this Passione?" he asked.

"Yes," said Bruno. "You wanted to speak with us?"

For whatever reason, Rikiel's eyes darted toward Fugo. Well, Fugo's body. He opened his mouth to say something, but not before someone clasped his shoulder and forced him out of the chair. Then Prince Donatello's face came into view. He was dressed terribly, as always. A nude shirt under a bold-printed blue and orange jacket, no doubt of his own design too. He was confident, you would give him that.

"Passione, I command you to allow me passage onto your ship. Now." Donatello was strangely abrupt. None of his usual swagger or arrogance. All business.

"What would the reason for that be, Your Highness?" Bruno asked evenly.

Donatello curled his lip. "You're not entitled to know that."

"On the contrary. This is my ship. I have a right to know why you want to get on it." Bruno stuck his chin out. Did you really act that haughty? You weren't embarrassed or anything, just damn.

"I suggest you don't get difficult with me," Donatello said. "I could have your ship confiscated and your entire crew executed in a few hours if I so pleased. Instead, I'm merely asking for permission to board your ship. You should count yourself lucky that I'm turning a blind eye against your numerous other crimes."

"I don't remember asking for your compassion. Why don't you enlighten me as to the crime you are concerned about?"

Beside Bruno, Trish nudged him. You would've done the same. Bruno was taking your cavalier attitude a bit too far. You didn't give a flack about authority, but you didn't flaunt that in front of an Imperial Prince.

"Don't act as though you don't know," Donatello gritted out. Spots of colour rose in his cheeks.

"Captain, you should end this comm," JoJo said. "You shouldn't listen to this anymore."

"I don't know," Bruno said. "That's why I'm asking."

"Your impropriety is astounding, Captain."

"So is your arrogance. Tell me why you want to board my ship. Your Highness."

"Captain," JoJo said urgently, pulling on Bruno's sleeve. "End the comm. Please."

Donatello made a visible effort to regain his composure. Meanwhile, Mista was stomping on Bruno's foot under the console.