"I know how you feel" Schlatt mumbles. I look at him confused. "I was engaged, remember?"

"Oh, but didn't you just have a heart attack? She didn't cheat on you or anything, right?" I tilt my head so I can see his face, (that was currently facing the floor).

"She--" He pauses and glances at me, seemingly trying to figure out if what he was about to say next would shock me. "He said he didn't love me sometimes.." He whispers, had he just admitted to me that he was engaged to a man? "We fought a lot the month before I died"

"Oh.." I breathe out. "What.. what other things did he say?"

"I mean," A sad smile appears on his lips. "It's not like I didn't egg him on. We were both pieces of shit. But I think the problem was he wanted someone to love him so bad that he just told himself he loved me because I loved him.." He curls up on himself, bringing his knees to his chest and hugging himself. "But I don't want to blame him for the outcome, because it was obvious he was just lonely, he had absolutely no one when I first met him. He literally lived in an alley and all he had was a blanket" Schlatt weakly scoffs. All of a sudden, steam appears, floating up into the air. He wipes his eyes with his palms and sniffles.

"Are you okay..?" I worryingly ask. He sniffles again and nods his head.

"Ghosts can't touch holy water, I'm not sure why or if it's true, but ghosts' tears are holy.. maybe because we're wanderering spirits" He replies. "But that means we can't cry or we hurt ourselves.. because ghosts are sinful entities.."

"Well now I know I can just spray you with holy water if you ever annoy me" I joke, a bit unsure if it was okay to do so due to his crying. "Sorry" I blurt out.

But luckily he laughs, though his voice was weak because of his sadness. "No, that was funny. It's fine" He wipes his tears away as he continues to laugh. "Don't do that though, it'll hurt" He smiles and shakes his head.

"Don't worry, I won't" I reassure him. "Anyways, when my father wakes up I'm planning on telling him about the vampires. Y'know, I was warming up to them but then they tried to fucking kill me" I shrug, chuckling a bit when I get another laugh out of Schlatt.

"Yeah, that makes sense. They also seem kinda obsessed with you so it's best to get rid of them.." He nods his head as he trails off, staring at my father still passed out on the floor. "Okay maybe we should check his pulse"

           "Yeesh, this is the guy you were talking about

           "Yeesh, this is the guy you were talking about..?" Schlatt whispers to me, he was hiding behind me as I walked with my father, Jared, and Ron (my father's friend). After my father finally woke up, I told him everything, of course not about the attempted murder, but everything else about the vampires. We had to wait until the next day because he was out for hours, but now it was midday and we were walking to the two vampires' house. "He looks like he licks the wrapper after he eats the food inside it.." He quietly snickers.