4. Taqdeer | fate | تقدیر

Start from the beginning

Rumi began recounting the day's events at college, and the couple listened attentively. Taha had already left to take a shower, and Amina was deeply engrossed in the conversation. When Amina inquired about Zayan's whereabouts, Ayesha explained his busy schedule, leaving Rumi disheartened as she sensed it was merely an excuse. Later, Rafiq arrived home from work, and they had dinner without any witty remarks from Hania.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

They were now seated in the living room, engaging in casual conversation, when Yusuf signaled something to Ayesha, prompting her to close her eyes in assurance.

"Rafiq bhai and Amina bhabi, today our purpose of coming here is not solely for Rumi's graduation," Ayesha began. Hania's ears perked up, and she sat up straight.

"I didn't understand, bhabi; what are you trying to say?" Amina asked, confused, as everyone shared the sentiment.

"Umm bhabi....... Hum yaha Rumi ka hath apne bete zayan ke liye mangne aye hai." ayesha said in one go and hania gasped.

(Actually, bhabi, we're here to ask for Rumi's hand for our son, Zayan.")

Taha and Rafiq were silent, and Rumi's eyes widened as she swiftly retreated to her room. (You know she is shy🙈😉)

Hania was about to interject, but Ayesha asked her to remain quiet. There was no emotion on Amina's face, and it filled Ayesha and Yusuf with dread.

"bhabi zayan mere bete jaisa hai aur mujhe bhut pyara bhi hai lekin Rumi, vo mere dil ka tukda hai aur uske kisi bhi faisle me main jaldbaazi nhi karna chahti ap hume thoda vakt de hum apko Rumi se baat karke jawab denge." Amina was not only thinking about Rumi; she also observed Hania's reaction and felt hesitant about marrying her daughter off to a man whose sister harbors animosity towards her daughter. But if hana doesn't have any problem with this arrangement so she would consider it again.

("Bhabi, Zayan is like my son and I hold him dear, but Rumi, she's a piece of my heart, and I don't want to rush her decisions. Please give us some time; we'll talk to Rumi and provide you with an answer.")

"Of course, bhabi, you and bhai can take your time; after all, it's a matter of our daughter, and Rumi is my daughter too," this time Yusuf said.

"Have you guys talked to Zayan about this? What does he say?" Rafiq asked Yusuf, while Taha, curious, folded his arms, awaiting the same question.

Yusuf hesitated. "We haven't talked to him yet, Rafiq."

"But my son will surely have no problem with our decision," Ayesha added.

"We hope so, Ammi, and please don't pressure him. I don't want a forced marriage for my sister because I know Zayan," Taha said for the first time in the whole conversation.

"We won't. Rest assured, Taha beta," Yusuf replied with a smile.

"I'm going to my house with Ammi and Dad," Hana declared. Taha was about to refuse because she had just come back two days ago, but Amina hushed him with her eyes.

"Okay, go pack whatever you need," Taha said, and she went to her home. Now everyone was making fun of Rumi, how she ran to her room after hearing the name of marriage. Soon they all bid farewell to the Khan family, with their beloved daughter, not before asking them to think carefully about the proposal, and with Hania's irritated face.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

(Okay a little point of view of Rumi for you guyss!! Bonus for you because today I was not going to write her POV. Enjoy❤)

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Rumi's POV

"Umm bhabi....... Hum yaha Rumi ka hath apne bete zayan ke liye mangne aye hai." ayesha aunty said with hesitation and
my eyes were as big as balls.

WHAT ZAYAN AND ME AND MARRIAGE.!!! WOAH TODAY ALLAH PAK IS GRACIOUS ON ME !!

I knew I must look like a tomato right now. I rushed towards my room, and I swear I heard my brother's chuckle, though it was so hushed.

What was happening? Today I got the proposal of love of my life. did he send this? But he hates me right? Or not? Or maybe he doesn't even know? What would he say? Would he refuse? YA ALLAH RUMI CALM DOWN IT'S JUST PROPOSAL!!

'Yah yah the proposal of zayan" My mind mocked me and I hit my head lightly.

I've always loved Zayan, and I still do. But all along, I wished that if he ever felt the same way, our connection would be permissible - through marriage, in other words, a NIKAAH.

My parents have not asked my opinion yet but I know answer which is yes of course.
I took out my dairy and wrote-

❝Mohabbat ki kitaab me , hamara ek naya bab shuru hua, kismat ki kalam ne likha, ek anokha qissa❞

("In the book of love, our chapter begun, fate's pen wrote, a tale second to none.")

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello butterflies 🦋 I know today's chapter is not long. But still it's 1250+words. And tell me your opinion in comment section and yes do you also think that story is going so slow like me??
Tell me in comment.

Love you ❤
Xoxo
Anna