47 : soulmate

Feelings and attachment is one of the worst and best part of human life not only for human but also animals.

Because there are so many animals who can do anything to save their pup . Sometimes Veronica misses her mom a lot . It's true she and her mother used to fight a lot but without mother it's hard to survive. She don't want to be one of those privileged people who have everything but still cry for small things but this is something which makes her sad a lot .

' Ahh... I'm missing mom little bit much ' she thought to herself.

The reason is a patient came with his mother, patient is 10 year old . Even though she's not a Dr yet , she assists her seniors sometimes. Today was one of those days .

The child was badly bruised and his mother was crying badly and begging her senior Drs to save his life . It hit Veronica hard with that sense probably her mother cried a lot too when she.....died .

' ..Is she dead or alive ? ' she questions herself. She doesn't even know if she's alive in real world.

' How is her mom ? Is she sad for Veronica ? Or she's relieved that no one is there to trouble her ? ' Veronica shakes her head in disbelief.

' her mother is cold but not cruel. But she's really missing her...mom ' a drop of tear falls from her eye .

" Mom....mom .." she mumbled , but she knew no one will answer. She felt like crying a lot but....she don't know what's holding her .

She felt someone beside her , she didn't need to look to understand it's her father. The smell of cigar is very evident from him . She didn't say anything.

He kept his hand softly on her head,

" Missing your mom ? " He asked softly.

Her head was downwards , she nodded lightly.

" I miss her too , do you know she was like you? Full of life , pure and beautiful" she looks at him saw him looking at sky . As if he's looking at someone specifically.

For a long time there was silence.

Veronica asked breaking the silence,

" Papa , can I ask you something? "

" Of course, sweetheart" he said lovingly.

She hesitated for a while then said,

" Why you never remarried? " She always had this question in her mind .

" Was it because us ? " She thought probably because he didn't want Alan and her to have a stepmother.

He took a sigh then said,

" Partly true but not entirely"

" How ? " Veronica was confused.

" I loved your mother a lot , more than anything. She loved me a lot too , but situation was not in our favor but we fought still....she left. But doesn't mean I can forget and move on.  She was not part of my life...she gave me everything that's important for a person including you two . How can I forget that woman who gave her life to bring my child in the world? Most importantly how will I live with someone else in that same room where your mother and I had so many memories. I respect those who can move on ....but for me it's impossible. Not because I can't but because I don't want to , I don't want to lose the feeling that she's not around me . I didn't want to marry someone and waste their life by not loving them fully . For me your mother is always her doesn't matter if I'm 80 years old."

He stopped. Veronica was in awe not because she didn't think the reason wouldn't be her mother but her dry ass dad can be this much of romantic, she didn't know.

" Wow dad you were quite romantic " he laughed a little.

" Honestly I'm not....but for her it happens. It's human nature the person we love , for them we can do anything and it'll still feel bare minimum . But if you don't have interest in a person even bare minimum seems too much. " He said.

She didn't say anything and Andrew flashed infront her eyes a little. She didn't know why .

" Mom was very lucky..to have a person like you " she smiled.

" I'm the lucky one who got someone like her , don't be sad my little doll dad will bring even better man for you " he pinched her right cheek lightly.

" I didn't know if I'll get someone like that dad " she gave a sad smile.

" Don't be like that , everyone has a soulmate but you need to understand who that is . Another thing is don't compare everyone has a different love language, everyone isn't like me . "

" Hmm " she nodded.

He smiled, " Go to sleep " he got up and left .

It's been two days since she heard from Andrew, did he lost interest in her ? Maybe...who cares, he's not her soulmate.....then who is ? Because according to the novel she died, but she's not doing anything wrong or bitchy yet then how will the storyline move ? Is there anyone for her even? Probably not . Probably she has to die alone.

She smiled to herself,

" There's no prince charming for me ... because I'm not the main character "

She went to her room to sleep.

She suddenly received a text ,

" I'm the devil that's meant for you" from the unknown number.

She sat wide awake on her bed ,

" Who the hell is it ? " She texted.

No response.

She had a slight idea who it can be but she didn't want to talk to him . Even though she thought of giving him time but all she wants is to stay away.

She went to sleep, closed her eyes but couldn't stop thinking.

" Why he didn't respond? "

" Is that actually him ? "

" Ugh.. he's so annoying "

....

" The pest disguised as human , excuse as a human. oxygen waster of earthhhhhhh " she said to herself.

Now she feels good. She smiled in peace as she cussed him out perfectly.

" Ahh...now I'll have a peaceful sleep" she went to go to sleep peacefully.

She switched off her lights.

......

Someone under the tree infront her house smiled a little.

" She probably cussed the shit out of me " Andrew said to himself.

For these two days he had gone out of town but her missed her a lot but he knew if he called her that chatterbox will annoy him a lot . So he thought he's going to annoy her but not responding. Even though it's gonna do nothing to her but again he doesn't want to interrupt her sleep, after she's gonna be his it's not like she will get a good sleep anyways .

Rebirth as male lead's sister जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें