Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"At once Princess." Lana bowed her head.

__________

Aerea hid behind a wall as she awaited for the group of maids to walk by.

Had only Rhaella came with me... Aerea thought to herself annoyed. Thinking at least her perfect sister could have at least distrace the maids and septas so at least she could sneak off to where she wishes to.

Aerea heard the sound of heavy foot steps and cracking of moving armour, and s white cloak. Ser Arthur of house Swygert. The Kingsguard to her grandfather and grandmother.

Aerea hid behind a pillar, waiting for her Ser Arthur Swygert to move along. After minutes that felt like hours, the Kingsguard shook his beautiful white armour and white cloke to leave, but a familiar man approached the Kingsguard and they began speaking on friendly terms.

Aerea knew this man. Alyn Stokeworth. Her mother was close friends with his daughter, Samantha Stokeworth. And even her Grandfather, Aenys, was fond of Alyn.

Aerea tries to move so she can sneak to the other pillar so she may yet sneak into the rooms, but she hears the two men speak the word "Dragon" and she remains still so she just might hear the rest of what they have to say.

"— Black Dragon has been sighted near Bravos... well... rather his dragon." Alyn spoke as he shook his head.

"Daemion the Black Dragon?" Ser Arthur Swygert spoke as if he had just heard the name of a man long dead. "I had not heard his name for years... I had began to think that everyone had forgotten him. Or rather dead..."

Daemion the Black Dragon? Aerea was taken by the name. Her young mind began to wonder for she had never heard of the man. But she could see from the face of the knight she could see that this name had not been spoken for sometime.

"No... Not forgoteen." Alyn spoke as he looked down as if it was shame on his mind. "The men of the council do not dare to speak his name in front of Prince Maegor, especially King Aegon... With King Aegon's declining health, he becomes agrivated and even pained by even the sound of Prince Daemion's name."

"The king's heavy heart is what is slowly driving him to his demise... not his body." Arthur spoke calmly. "The king is a strong man, even at his old age... whatever slows him down is not of his body, it's of his heart."

"King Aegon never should have casted the Raven Prince aside..." Alyn spoke with a voice filled with emotions unknown to Aerea. "He was a better man than the King realized."

"A man of mystery." Ser Arthur spoke as shrugged his armour.

"King Aegon has always been an enigma, much like his grandson... but I fear that is what drove him to despise the Prince of Oldtown. Both great warriors with a dragon to their name... Aegon the Dragon and the Black Dragon..." Alyn spoke. "Somedays I wonder what would have Westeros be, had the rumours of Prince Daemion rebelling against the throne."

"I fought by Black Dragon seven years ago. I watched as he was hailed as Black Dragon... I may not know who he truly was, but he is no usurper nor a traitor." Arthur spoke as he rubbed his sword.

"That man's mystery continues to haunt the Red Keep even after all these years..." SerArthur spoke nearly amused.

"But despite of everything that happened, I can only pray to the seven that Prince Daemion would never return to Westeros..." Alyn Spoke calmly. "For if he returns..."

"For if he returns... what?" Ser Arthur's mouth frowned.

"Quite frankly I am not so– Is that Princess Aerea?!" Alyn left his words half done as the corner of his eyes caught Aerea's deep violet eyes.