The Quest for Enigma's Edge

Start from the beginning

"How dare you address our future king by his name?" he seethed, his hold on me unrelenting. The pressure on my throat made it difficult to breathe, and his glowing red eyes intensified my fear. Suddenly, his grip loosened.

"Hey, you're human, right?" he inquired with a smirk, licking his lips. "Oh, I see, it's true, huh."

"Look, don't you dare," I stammered nervously, anticipating his intentions. He advanced towards me, trapping me against the wall. In a desperate attempt to assert myself, I warned, "If you try to hurt me, it won't be good for you."

He laughed wickedly. "No one will help you, silly boy." Closing in, he cornered me, and I closed my eyes, ready to scream. Just as he leaned in, I shouted, "PHI KIMMMMM!" But there was no immediate response.

Opening my eyes, I found Phi Kim standing with the assailant on the ground. I rushed to him, throwing myself into his arms.

"Chay, why did you leave the room?" he questioned, a mix of worry and anger on his face.

"I was worried and didn't see you around," I explained.

"Angel, you should take care of yourself first; don't worry about me. We'll discuss this later; for now, I have to deal with this scumbag," he said sternly, yet with concern. I nodded, but he didn't move.

"What happened?" I inquired.

"Chay, can you please..." He gestured to our position, and I blushed, stepping back.

Turning to the man who had threatened me, Phi Kim grabbed his collar, lifting him in the air. The assailant stammered an apology.

"I am leaving you because Porchay said so, and you are the finest spy in the army, or I would've killed you by now," Kim declared with a deadly gaze.

"I am sorry, Master; it won't happen again," the man shivered.

Phi Kim released his grip, and the man left hastily. Once alone, Phi Kim checked on me, worriedly asking if I had been hurt.

"No, I'm fine, Phi. What happened?" I questioned, confusion etched on my face.

He sighed, "Nothing, Angel. I'll tell you, but..." His expression shifted from worry to anger. "You should have waited for me. I think I have to teach you a lesson, huh."

"I'm sorry; I had a bad dream about you. That's why I got worried and started searching for you," I confessed, tears welling up.

"No, Angel, nothing will happen to me. You should take care of yourself first. If I hadn't reached you on time, I shudder to think what could've happened," he reassured, embracing me in a warm hug.

Next scene

No one's POV

Chay and Kim stepped into Kim's room, where Kim settled on the couch with Chay comfortably seated on his lap. As Kim prepared to speak, Chay interjected with a curious inquiry, "Phi'kim, how did I end up in this room? The last thing I remember, I was with Mom."

A furrow appeared on Kim's brow in response to the question. "I'm sorry, Chay, but I find it difficult to explain. I feel ashamed."

"Please, tell me what happened. I won't judge," Chay urged softly, cradling Kim's face with a tenderness that touched Kim's heart.

Moved by Chay's gentle touch, Kim disclosed the unsettling truth. "My mom tried to poison you." Tears welled in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Angel. I was foolish to leave you with her. I shouldn't have done that; I'm so sorry."

Chay reassured him with a slight smile, "Don't worry. It's okay if she dislikes me. I'll try to win her over."

"Aren't you angry, Chay? She tried to harm you, and yet, instead of harboring anger, you want her to love you," Kim questioned, bewildered.