Blood Moon Awakening

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17

No one's POV

As they finished discussing their mission to hunt for Shi-Qing, Lucifer was still tense about something he couldn't pinpoint at the moment, and Kim was restless without knowing why. After deciding on their next steps, they all left the place, but Kim felt compelled to talk to his father.

He headed towards his father's study and knocked on the door. Hearing a faint "come in" from the other side, he entered the room, and his father's attention immediately turned towards him.

"Kim, what's wrong?" his father asked. Kim paused for a second to organize his thoughts.

"Can I sit before we talk?" he asked his father, who responded with a hum. Kim then sat on the couch in front of his dad.

"Now, tell me, what happened? Is it about Chay?" his father asked with a concerned face.

"No, Dad, it's not. But—" He paused. "It's about me. I've been having red visions, not dreams, and I think there's something wrong with me. I can't control it," he said in one breath.

His father pondered for a moment. "Hmm, so this is the reason, huh?" Kim nodded.

"I think it's because of the blood moon," his father stated.

"What?"

"Yeah, it always happens before the blood moon. I often had blurry red visions, severe headaches, and dizziness," his father answered.

"Is it serious?" Kim asked, frowning.

His dad gave him a small smile and said, "No, it's not serious. We got it from our ancestors. It means the blood moon is awakening the hidden powers of our inner vampire—huh!!" Kiaran was shocked, as was Kim. "If the blood moon is affecting your vampire, that means—"

"Drake is still alive," Kim said.

"That's good news, Kim. It means Drake is still inside you."

"But why can't I link with him?" Kim asked.

"Because he is still weak after the summoning, but I believe he will recover by the time of the blood moon," his dad reassured him.

"I hope so, but what if he doesn't?"

"Then you wouldn't have had the symptoms," his dad smiled. Kim nodded.

"It's been a while since we talked like this, Dad."

Kiaran nodded. "Yeah, I've been busy with work, and you were angry at me."

"I'm sorry, Dad."

"Don't be. I forgave you for that a long time ago. It wasn't your fault anyway," his dad chuckled. "But you should've talked to me about the matter so it could've been easier for us to catch the culprit."

"I was too angry at you and didn't think twice before leaving with Aroon."

"Well, I don't care. You were a teenager, and it was my decision to let you go and gather your thoughts. But now, everything is okay,"

"Hmm, I was so stupid." Kim chuckled slightly.

"But still, I think you are always behind the problems, always gathering them like a type of collection," his dad teased him.

"Dad!! It's not like I'm the one always gathering the problems," Kim tried to defend himself.

"Ha ha ha, okay, okay. But I think you should go back to Porchay, or he will start looking for you."