The Phantom

I get awoken by blaring sirens. I shoot up in fear as I look around. Once I realize John B must be fine if they're still looking, I relax.

I look across the empty restaurant just to see JJ staring at me. It's not in a creepy way though, it's in a nervous way. "How's your hand?" He asks.

"All good." I awkwardly say. I then stand up and walk over to him. A few minutes later Pope wakes up and walks over to us.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ says.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they got him." Pope points out, I nod in agreement.

"Let's hope." JJ says.

"You know we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too." Kie says, awkwardly looking away once her and Pope make eye contact. She told me about what happened with them.

A slight breeze from the ocean blows against my arms. I shiver as I rub my arms. "Want this?" Pope asks as he offers me his button up.

"Thanks, Pope." I softly smile as I slide it on, leaving the buttons undone.

"No problem, if we're gonna be outlaws we might as well help, John B." Pope points out truthfully.

"So.. find them before they do?" JJ questions as Pope grabs the keys to the dirt bike. "Pope?" He adds as the boy walks away.

"I'm gonna get gas from the boat." Pope says.

"You be careful.. ok?" Kie softly says. Pope just stares at her.

"Meet me at the dock at three, don't be late." He says, turning toward JJ.

Me and JJ look over at Kie in confusion. Yes, Pope may be upset but this isn't the time. I shut down JJ and he isn't acting like a child.

"Ok, what is your problem?" Kie asks as she walks out of the door.

"No problem at all officer, I'm just doing my job." Pope says as he hops onto the dirt bike.

"Look I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kie apologizes as Pope revs the bike.

"What was that?" Pope asks.

"Look I didn't mean too-" She says.

"Sorry I couldn't hear you." Pope says.

"Pope, I'm being serious.. I'm trying to talk to you!" She exclaims, Pope ignores her and drives away.

"What a child." I mumble to myself as I lean against the wooden railing of the stairs.

Suddenly, a helicopter comes in outta nowhere. It flies right over us. "Who the hell is that?" JJ questions as we all stare at it.

"SBI, I guess they're like really important dudes so John B may have to become a hide n seek master." I say. "Shit, this isn't good." I say once I realize how serious this is becoming.

Yes, I knew from the start that this is serious. I just hoped that they would realize Ward and Rafe are bullshitting before it became this crazy.

"You're right. This isn't good." JJ says as he takes his hat off and walks back inside.

I follow him inside, and I walk behind the counter. I'm just thankful that we are pretending like last night didn't happen.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asks as Kie walks behind the counter as well.

"Nope- wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kie responds.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" I ask as I hand JJ an extra water bottle.