The Runway

I get awoken to the sound of waves crashing onto each other. I pull myself outta bed and decide that I'll change later.

I walk into the kitchen and I grab a box of ritz crackers. I start to eat them as I walk outside and into the yard. "Good morning." I greet everyone.

"Good morning, Marley." JJ greets as he puts his beer down.

"Good morning." Kie smiles at me, I can tell that they all are still thinking about last night.

"Good morning." Pope says.

"So what's the plan for today- we gettin this gold or what?" I ask before taking a bite of another cracker.

"Yeah, once John B gets here.." Kie says.

"John B pulling a houdini." JJ exclaims.

"Yeah, speaking of him, where is he?" Pope asks us all.

"Probably sleeping still." I shrug as I swing my legs over the edge of the hotub.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning, we gotta get this done." Pope says as he reels Kie down in their system that they made.

Right as he says that, John B comes storming into the yard. Walking past everything I bought without saying a word.

"Speak of the devil.." JJ says as I follow him inside.

"Yo, you good?" I ask him as he rummages around the house.

"What's goin on man?" JJ asks as him and the others follow behind me.

"What do you need the gun for, man?" I ask as John B grabs the gun. He goes to walk past me but I stop him, he then shoves me into the couch.

"Talk to us!" JJ shouts after helping me up.

We all run outside to see John B on the dirtbike. "John B, what the hell!" Kie shouts.

"Ward knows about the gold, he killed my Dad." He says before driving off on the bike.

"John B!" I shout as I run after the bike, I then stop once I realize he's way too fast.

"Shit!" Pope shouts.

We all decide to go to Pope's place. Once we get there, we sit on his couch. "So what do you think went down?" I ask as I lay back in the couch, starring at the ceiling.

"Ward is into all of that history as well as big John, so maybe something happened." Pope suggests a reasonable story.

"Yeah, John B said that he knew about the gold, so what if he confronted John B and stuff went south?" Kie agrees.

"Enough of this theorizing shit, we should just go up to Sarah's place and ask. I mean, she probably knows." JJ points out.

"That's valid. If we know what happened, we'll be able to stop this shit." I shrug as I sit up right.

"How about this. We wait until tonight and if Jb still hasn't shown, we'll go see for ourselves." Pope proposes.

"Sounds good." Kie says.

"Solid." I nod.

"Alright." JJ gives in. I guess that's the plan.

Kie and JJ leave, so now me and Pope are left to hang around the house. I decide to change into a bright purple, kind of pinkish bikini. I then slip on some denim jean shorts. Lastly, I put on my white adidas sneakers.

After what feels like forever, the sky finally darkens and we all decide to take the boat to the Cameron's. "What now, we just go up to the front door and ask 'hey have you seen John B?'" JJ asks in annoyance.