The Lucky Compass

Me and all the pogues decide to crash at Jb's for the night. The next morning me and John B are the first ones up.

"We should return the scuba before Ward notices." John B says as we lay in the hammocks.

"Yeah, let's go." I say before we both stand up and walk over to the boat.

We pull up to the Cameron's boat and we quietly open the sliding glass door. I look up to see none other than, Sarah Cameron. She's sleeping on the boats couch. We try to be even quieter as we place the scuba onto the floor. Two of the tanks bang into each other and it makes a loud noise.

Sarah quickly wakes up, she gasps in surprise. "God, you guys aren't Wheezie.." she says as she looks at us.

"Correct.. yeah." John B laughs nervously "Sorry." He adds.

"What are you guys doing?" Sarah asks in annoyance as she rubs her forehead.

"Um, we're just dropping off some scuba gear.." Jb responds as Sarah pulls her shirt down.

"What.. what are you doing here?" John B stupidly questions. I manage to hold in my laugh.

"It's our boat... it's also the only place with air conditioning." She responds in pretend confusion. I roll my eyes at her response, her biggest worry is that there's no air conditioning when people not even ten miles from here have way less than her.

"Did you guys um.. top off the tanks?" Sarah asks as she ignores my actions.

"Uh no, no.. powers down so the compressors were off." John B lies before clearing his throat, well he didn't really lie, the compressors were off but we just didn't wanna spend the money.

"So you guys are sneaking onto our boat at five a.m with empty tanks?" Sarah asks as she looks us up and down. "I'll make sure to tell Ward." She quickly adds.

"Ok." John B quickly shrugs. "Great." He adds. "Cool.." he mutters as he places the tanks down.

"Yeah, yeah. In the middle of the room is fine." Sarah sarcastically says as she stares at us.

"Yeah it's pretty much what you told us to do.." Jb mutters as he starts to walk away.

"Bye!" Sarah says.

"Actually, you know what? What exactly were you gonna.. tell your Dad?" John B stutters as he plays with his hair.

"Nothing much, just that you poached our scuba gear." She replies as she shrugs.

"We borrowed it for a few hours ok... and then we brought it back intact and unharmed." Jb sighs.

"Minus air." Sarah smiles.

"Dude he needs his job, not everyone can use their parent's money." I harshly point out. Yes, I know I'm 'rich' or whatever but, I still am aware that some people can't afford shit.

"Marley, that's funny because you're acting like you aren't a kook also." Sarah mutters.

"I know my family has money but I also know some people's don't, you clearly lack self awareness." I quickly retort.

"Ok guys... can we not? Also, Sarah please don't tell, he'll fire me." John B points out.

"Ok so what are you guys gonna do? Pull a gun on me?" Sarah asks as she glares at me.

"Ok I didn't know Marley was gonna do that." Jb honestly says.

"That's convenient to believe.. maybe you should get better friends." Sarah shrugs as she looks back and forth between us.