02: NEW YEAR'S EVE

after that, i just had blank emotions, then..

..suddenly..

a touch on my shoulder made me get back to reality

"...finn?"

"AHH!" i screamed "WAHHH!" she screamed back. oh wait.. it's my sister. "oh. hey fiona.." i replied embarassedly. "YOU SCARED ME! buut heeyyy!" my sister greeted me with excitement.

thank goodness, it's just Fiona, my older sibling—my sister who owns the house I'm about to live in. i breathed a sigh of relief as i realized that if it were a burglar, i might not have been alive right now.

"it's nice to see you again, finn. and wow, you've grown so much! you were nothing like this compared when you were just a kid [chuckled]" Fiona welcomed me warmly. i made an annoyed face and said, "which i am not now." i rolled my eyes out of annoyance. "pfft! don't be too harsh! you ready for the big move?" she questioned. "what move?" i acted like as if im confused.

"shit, mom didn't tell you?" she asked. worried for herself, she knew mom's gonna kill her if i didn't know. "nah im just playing, i heard her with lola in a call last night. but um, yeah, i guess. it's just uh you know, a lot." my voice trembled a bit as i admitted.

"oh yeaah..totally get it, finn. online school can be a hard thing. gladfully, i never experienced that. yikes! but hey, think of all the new adventures and changes waiting for you here!" fiona replied concernly. "adventures? changes? I was thinking more like.. settling everything quietly." i wondered.

"[laughs] you're such an introvert kid! okay but seriously, don't you wanna explore socializing? start here at the party tonight, meet new people, make friends and such?"

..make friends? huh.

"no, thank you. It's pretty obvious that i prefer to stick to my video games and err, you know, low-key stuff." i replied. "but you can't live in your shell forever? c'mon, you're not a kid anymore! i've got a bunch of friends here coming tonight, and they might've want to meet you. why not try it?" fiona suggested.

there is no freaking way im going to socialize with her friends, "with adults?! that'll just make my anxiety worse! so nah, im good." i said while moving my head left to right, back and forth, declining."id rather be in my room." i declined. "oh come on, finn! it's not that bad. besides, you might find someone with the same game-ish interests as you." fiona still urges to invite me.

"that's a big 'might', fiona. i told you, i'm not exactly a sociable person, AND not absolutely with an adult! there's just 'NO' freaking wayy." i insisted still. i can see fiona's sigh on her face, and decided just to agree, "well, if that's the case, i guess i can't do anything about it. but hey, im still hoping you find someone else that is worthy of a friend for you. someone who has the same vibes as you and helps you socialize more until you find your groove."

...a perfect friend perhaps? 
huh, i never had that,
except my dad though.

"thanks, fiona. i really appreciate it. and fine..ill try to pop up in the party, just.. don't expect me to become a social animal tonight." i replied with acceptance.

"YES!" fiona whispered to herself. "no worries, finn. well take things one step at a time. who knows? maybe you'll surprise yourself." i breathed a sigh, "yeah, sure whatever. can i just go to my room now?" 

"ah! yes, ofcourse! charge youself up for later. bye finny!" fiona bye'd with a wink as she waves her hands on me going back to the kitchen.

what the heck?! why did i even agreed to that?? ugh.. maybe attending her New Years' party is a bad idea. I'm not yet ready for this stuff yet! but hmm...at the same time i think, it's also may be a great start to begin puberty. well uh.. atleast that's what i think.