Chapter 39 - Take Me Away

Start from the beginning

"All I've done since I'd asked you to be my girlfriend is hurt you, lose you only to find you and hurt you again," he spoke, his tone grim. "I don't want to continue being the source of your pain, Scarlett. If you wish to see him, I'm not going to stop you."

"Will you come with me?" I asked him quietly.

"Like hell I'm letting you see the bastard on your own," he replied gruffly as I kissed his lips.

"Thank you, Jasper," I smiled before cocking my head to one side. "Pretty please, can you tell me what the surprise was, now?"

"I don't know, can I?" He droned sarcastically as I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Boo, you whore," I pouted as he laughed, taking a bite out of my toast.

"My mother has invited us to dinner in two weeks since apparently Emily has something she would like to share with the family," he said bitterly as I frowned. "I did attempt to get us out of going but, you know how my mother is."

"Why don't you want to go?" I asked him as he sighed.

"No reason." He shrugged, running his fingers through his hair, something he did when he was nervous or when he was telling a lie.

"Jasper, what happened?"

"Emily happened, that's what," he muttered in disgust. "We've been arguing ever since you were admitted to hospital and quite frankly, I don't want anything to do with her."

"But why have you been arguing?" I asked, puzzled.

"Aside from my incompetency, the rest was her fault you ended up almost half beaten to death, Scarlett," he snapped angrily. "If she had fücking listened to me and stayed away from Vincent -"

"Jasper, how can you blame Emily for what happened to me?" I interrupted him, folding my arms. "You wouldn't believe the amount of people who told me to stay away from you because I would end up heartbroken, but have I listened to any of them? No, because I trust my own instincts and my own judgment enough that I couldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. The same way Emily misjudged Vincent's character, how was she to know that that was what she was letting herself in for?"

"Who the fück told you to stay away from me?" He barked in response as I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

I stared at him in disbelief. "Is that the only thing you heard me say, Jasper?"

"Yes." He growled impatiently as I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so immature," I said as I began to clear away the table. "And hurry up, you have a meeting with the board in half an hour."

As I quickly washed the dishes, I felt Jasper's tall frame press into my back, his hands gripping my hips tightly.

"I love this side of you," he murmured huskily.

"I'll bet you do," I muttered while my body heat increased upon feeling his érection press into my lower back.

He brushed my hair to one side and kissed my neck, slowly, tortuously as I moaned quietly.

"Don't moan again," he growled, smacking my backside as I yelped, trying to steady my breathing. "Or I swear I will take you right here, right now."

I turned around to face him, as I bit my lip, watching his eyes darken with unrestrained desire.

"I think I'd like that," I whispered before crashing my lips to his, wanting him, needing him.

He lifted my legs upwards, as they straddled his hips, his lips never leaving mine.