Blushing Over the Phone

Aziraphale called Crowley not long later, who quickly picked up.

"What's up Angel?" They asked as the call connected, waiting to hear Aziraphale's voice come over the speaker. He'd never admit it out loud but his voice was their favorite sound.

"Not much, I got a love letter though." Crowley bit the inside of his mouth at Aziraphale's words, worried about what Aziraphale would follow with, "Not sure who sent it though."

"Ah, well I don't blame 'em, you're pretty amazing, angel." Crowley chuckled, causing a soft flush to cover Aziraphale's face.

"You're too nice Crowley." Aziraphale couldn't fight back a smile that quickly tugged at the corners of his mouth. Crowley let out a soft, slightly annoyed hiss, causing butterflies to fly up in Aziraphale's stomach. He couldn't explain why he loved the sound so much, he just did and god it could send a wave of heat to his face in an instant.

"I ssswear you do this on purpossse angel," Crowley grumbled, their s's getting drawn out as they got a bit worked up from Aziraphale's comment. "I'm not nice, I'm a demon."

"They aren't mutually exclusive Crowley," Aziraphale's voice came softly. "And I think you're pretty good no matter what else you are."

Crowley couldn't think of a retort like they'd usually be able to, denying their supposed 'goodness' but something about Aziraphale's words stopped their own from forming. Instead they just murmured a weak 'shut up' and called it there.

Aziraphale couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at Crowley's inability to respond as they usually had, "Cat got your tongue my dear?" He asked before freezing slightly, not having meant to let the 'my dear' slip. He blushed in embarrassment as Crowley snickered slightly before breaking out into full on laughter.

"Did you- Did you really just call me 'my dear' angel?" He asked through his laughs and Aziraphale let out an embarrassed groan.

"It just slipped Crowley-" He tried to defend himself, "I don't remember the last time I've heard you call me Aziraphale in any casual situation. You practically only call me 'angel' Crowley so you're one to talk." Crowley just continued to laugh, finding Aziraphale's embarrassment extremely amusing.

After a few minutes Crowley finally stopped laughing, "So did you only call me because of that love letter or do you actually care about me?" He asked in a teasing tone and Aziraphale rolled his eyes, unable to stop a smile.

"Both in full honesty, the love letter was an excuse to call you." He giggled a bit and Crowley grinned, "You should come over tomorrow, we haven't just hung out at the bookshop in a while, just me and you."
Crowley's grin only widened. "How could I refuse that offer angel?" He chuckled and Aziraphale had to stop himself from making an audible noise of excitement.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow then Crowley." Aziraphale couldn't hide the excitement as it leaked into his voice. He usually wasn't this excited where he wasn't able to mask it with Crowley. Excited in general? Of course, he adored being around Crowley but he'd always been able to keep it in check. He just wrote it off as the teasing and playful remarks they had been making.

They then fell into easy conversation, talking about anything and everything under the sun. Despite knowing each other for 6,000 years they never ran out of things to talk about.

After a few hours they both reluctantly got off the phone. Aziraphale went to tidy up the bookshop, wanting it to be in perfect shape for when Crowley arrived the next morning. He already kept the bookshop quite clean if he did say so himself but he wanted it to be perfect.

Usually he didn't care this much when Crowley came over, of course he always cared and made sure it was tidy but he never felt like he had to deep clean. He figured it was just his feelings for Crowley coming to the forefront after the mysterious love letter. He glanced at it before tucking it safely away in his desk drawer and went back to cleaning up.