𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮

"𝘓𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘴𝘢, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶."
.
.
.

[020]

[020]

Tapping your fingers anxiously on the food table, you glanced at the brunette in front of you, who seemed busy snuggling on the table with Christa. You eyed them with envy at the sight. Who'd they manage to end up so cozy with each other in a world like this? Huffing an envious breath, you blinked at them until they noticed you were boring your eyes into their souls.

Groaning, Ymir finally turned to face you. "Quit your staring. You might burn holes onto my Christa!"

"How about you quit showing off?!" You retorted, receiving a bread thrown at you by Ymir in response.

You instantly felt regret sitting on their table instead with Mikasa and the other two, but you didn't want to always seem like you depended upon them that you couldn't make any other friends of your own. Proving everyone wrong came with a price, as you sulked on your seat at the fact that Ymir and Christa seemed to be in a world of their own, ignoring your presence entirely.

They were cute though, and you'd probably would've admitted that out loud if you weren't currently upset at the moment.

"I'll be right back, you guys." Christa began, letting out a faint giggle as she stood up from her seat, "Don't be rude to her when I'm gone, Ymir!"

Quirking up an amused brow at the way Ymir had obeyed her command, or so you might expect from her, you poked your food with your spoon until Ymir spoke up first.

"So are we training later?" Ymir asked, digging into her food.

Ignoring her question, you twiddled your fingers under the table as you thought your following words.

"Hey, Ymir." You started, earning a hum from the brunette who was already listening carefully to you, "How'd you know you liked Christa? Not like it wasn't obvious... but still."

She gave you a skeptical look before clearing her throat to give you a clear response.

"Christa's one of a kind. Who wouldn't fall in love with her?" She jested, her face forming into her usual smirk.

You groaned, "Be serious about this for once!"

"Chill asshole, didn't mean to struck a nerve. Why do you wanna know anyways?" She questioned, eyeing you with suspicion.

Feeling your cheeks grow warm, you instinctively began glancing back at the ravenette, who had been busy shoving a bread down Sasha's throat to notice your stare. Replacing your newfound concern for the girl, you begin to feel the urge to hide yourself from the teasing look Ymir had given you once you had the courage to face her again. Downing some water to ease your embarrassment, it only grew worse when you had choked on it from drinking too fast.