i - friendsky

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"have a good night akaashi"

One of his co-workers waved goodbye. Keiji simply nodded, a small smile flashing on his lips as he waved goodbye. "you too maizono" he spoke quietly, barely loud enough for the man to smile again.

He had a couple of things left to do before simply getting home and falling asleep. Like, wash the dishes from last night, run to the corner store to get a couple of things, finish up reviewing the late work turned in today.

Ah...life was just too tiring. So draining.

A small huff of warm air left his lips, the cold weather making it look like smoke.

It was nearing the colder months in Japan, the snow threatening to fall any week now. Keiji didn't mind it much, he had enough coats and long sleeve shirts to keep him warm and comfortable. The hot weather was always much more uncomfortable.

He opened the door, the small chiming filling the small store. The usual cashier shooting him a small smile. A young girl who for whatever reason always got stuck with the late night shift.

Probably as a means for saving up for college. She was...simply just nice as he'd put it. Keiji returned the gesture, before walking into the different aisles.

Picking out a couple of snacks, some candy, a package of ready to go coffee drinks and the small pack of fresh onigiri the store had to offer. Of course—it wasn't delicious by any means. Nothing like the stuff at Onigiri Miya's or that little family owned place in Miyagi.

These were simply just...decent enough for him to eat. Something to satisfy that little itch he'd get now and then.

"ah what flavor do you think is better?"

Keiji immediately turned his head around, somewhat startled by the voice behind him. His eyes examining the girl in front of him.

black painted nails, slightly smeared lipstick, mascara smeared on her lower lashes. The distinctive scent of sweat, japanese blossom perfume and leather hitting him almost instantly.

"sorry?" keiji spoke, a slight chuckle leaving his lips as he shifted himself closer. The girl laughed slightly in response before nodding towards the abundance of refrigerated onigiris in front of them. "I asked what the best flavor was, yknow like what you'd recommend" she spoke again, repeating the question she'd just asked him.

Keiji swallowed, his palms digging into the pockets of his coat. A small hum leaving his lips as he glazed over the different flavors.