Chapter three

The Royal ball attendance day

Early in the morning, the villagers, especially the young girls, work hard to finish the last touches for the regal soirée. Mothers boil hot water for bathing while their daughters iron their dresses. The fathers prefer not to disturb them, so they just sleep peacefully in their dorms. Even the farm animals keep quietly eating their food and running around the courtyard. Only older people and children don't bother with rushing tasks left and right.

In her grandparents' garden, Seraphina works hard as well, but not with the same goal in mind. Near the greenhouse, her family cultivates some fruit trees. Climbing in one, she takes the leftover fruits that persevered during the ongoing winter and puts them in a basket. Surprisingly, she fills it with many apples, which makes her proud. They are going to serve her well. She gets off the staircase and hurries to announce her leaving to her grandparents. Then she takes off towards the village center. There she is welcomed by the not-so busy residents. She gives every child and every elderly person an apple, making them smile, touched by her generosity. Lots of hugs are exchanged between them and everybody is happy.

Nevertheless, she is a participant of the imperial gala, so she must get ready too. Arriving home, she puts the basket down on the carpet, she takes off her shoes and her coat. Crossing two rooms, she opens her bedroom and takes off her dress from the hanger. The clothing looks taken out of a fairy tale, even though she didn't design it so. An exquisite violet imperial long dress that embodies elegance. The gown gracefully flows, creating a silhouette that accentuates grace. The rich violet hue casts a majestic aura upon wearing. It has transparent sleeves that delicately drape off the shoulders, allowing glimpses of her arms while maintaining an air of modesty. It was already ironed, Seraphina needed to add just a ribbon at the back. Her grandmother happily assists at her side.

Being done with the dress, they move onto the hair. She makes two braids at the front and ties them with an elastic at the back. Simple, yet beautiful. Taking her grandmother's earrings, she clicks them in place. They are small golden leaves that shine with every movement. Our girl is not used to wearing makeup, so she decides to apply some vaseline to her lips and some mascara to her eyelashes. It would do just fine.

At such an important event, the royals offer a carriage for those who have not. Exiting her cottage, her knighthoods of the night are expecting her. She is so excited! Her grandparents bid her farewell while she climbs in. They know their nephew doesn't have many friends, even if she's friendly. They want this night to make a change in her social life.

The journey begins! The road is crowded with carriage after carriage. The night had already fallen upon the sky, so Seraphina couldn't admire the sightseeing, but she wasn't upset. The distance is short by foot, but long by carriage because it has to round the forest, to go straight to the village, to pass the bridge and then to go through the length of the castle grounds. Finally, she could see through the window the front of the castle.

Her heart beats frantically in her body, and she tries to calm herself, but in vain.  She stops thinking about her emotions. She just lets her feel.

The castle front stands as a formidable testament to medieval grandeur, its imposing stone walls rising majestically against the backdrop of the night sky. A grand entrance with marble stairs covered with a thick red carpet. It exudes an air of mystery, very much like the one in which the ball is honored, inviting the crowd to wander through the decorated corridors and hidden chambers within.