Cinco

Tania Brooks | Nia

"Tania, it's time to wake up. It's the first day"

I groaned before opening my eyes. I saw Daya standing over me with a scarf around her hair.

"I don't feel like getting up" I pulled the covers over me

"Come on, it's the first day" She pulled them back "Besides, you're a new face so you have to show out"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got out of my bed, soon making it after myself. Daya walked out of my room and closed the door after herself.

"I really don't feel like this" I mumbled

After taking my shower, I went into my closet to pick something to wear. I got dressed in a white tank top, some regular blue jeans, and slipped on some black socks.

"Tania" I heard a knock on my door

I opened the door and saw Giavanna standing there.

"Yes ?" I asked

"Can you help me fix my cereal ?"

"Sure"

I followed behind her in the kitchen where I saw her bowl sitting at the table with a spoon inside.

"Which one ?" I asked her looking at the various cereal boxes

"Ummm, fruit loops"

I took it down for her and poured some in the bowl. After I put some milk in her bowl, I went back to my room to continue getting ready. I fished around in my drawer and finally found the light blue oxford shirt.

I slid it on and left all the buttons unbuttoned and cuffed the sleeves. I opened one of the Jordan shoe boxes and pulled out my Jordan 13 "He Got Game". I slid them on my feet and loosened the strings so I wouldn't have to tie them.

"Nia, you dressed yet ?" Daya asked knocking on the door

"Yeah" I answered standing up

I fluffed my hair around for a lil bit and decided to leave it straight. Daya stood behind with her flexi rods still in her hair.

"Why haven't you took those out yet ?" I asked looking at her through the mirror

"I need your help doing so" She sat down in the office chair

I walked over to her and started unloosing the flexi rods from her hair.

"So, are you excited ?"

"I mean" I paused "I kind of am but then again no because I really don't like school"

"We only have 1 year left after this so it won't be long"

I nodded and continued to take out the flexi rods. When we got finished she grabbed the wig brush and brushed her curls. She had gotten some Brazilian weave installed in her hair since she complained about her natural her.

"Is Carter awake ?" She asked as I grabbed my blue mammoth Jansport book bag

"I don't know -"

"Carter, are you awake ?" She banged on his door before I could finish

"Quit banging on my damn door !"

"Boy shut up with your ninja turtle looking ass, you need to come on since you gotta drive us"

Carter swung his door opened and mushed Dayas head walking past her. She smacked her lips as I laughed walking back in my room. I stuck my phone, headphones, and chapstick in the small pocket on my book bag.