Chapter 10-goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I can show you how to fight with them. I will also take a spear."

We walk into the corner where the boxes weapons are standing. Thomas carefully hands me three different knives I can test. He takes two spears and guides Ethan and me into a different room, away from the crowd.

The room is empty except for a few boys that are trying out weapons.

Minho is there too. When he sees us, I wave at him and he comes over to us.

"Ah knives, good choice Princess." he takes one of the knives out of my hand "Wanna try?"

He wants me to use the weapon? Oh oh. I have no idea how to fight. And Minho is probably very good at it. That's gonna be embarrassing.

"Uh-"

"Perfect." he interrupts me and pulls me into the middle of the room "Go into position. Try to dodge. Avoid using your knife in the beginning."

That sounds so serious. I'm going to humiliate myself. I look back at Thomas and Ethan. They are watching me intensely. Great.

"Be careful, Minho." I hear Thomas saying. He doesn't want Minho to hurt me. So do I.

"I won't hurt her, Loverboy." Minho snickers at Thomas.

"You got this, Ruby." Ethan tries to cheer me up.

"Not helping, Ethan." I respond, nervously.

"Are you ready, Princess?" Minho asks me.

"I think so." I stutter, holding my knife in front of my body.

Instead of saying something he just starts and attacks me with his knife.

I quickly dodge and grab his arm with my left hand. In an instant I pull him into my direction with my hand on his arm, turn him around and press the knife to his neck. His back is facing me but I can sense that he's surprised.

So am I. What even was this. It came automatically. I just did it without thinking. I won. In a second.

"Woah." I hear Minho saying and I let go of him. Behind me, people are clapping and cheering. Minho looks at me shocked but excited.

"That was amazing! I didn't know you could fight."

"I didn't know it myself." I frown and turn around to Thomas and Ethan.

Thomas looks at me proudly. Ethans mouth is slightly open. I grin at them.

"See, that's how you do it, boys." I say jokingly.

"Wanna try again? This time for real?" Minho looks at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, sure. But I don't know if this was just good luck."

"I bet it wasn't."

"Alright then, come on."

This time we really fight. Nobody's carefull. I defeat Minho easily. Everytime. I know exactly what to. I can sense his next steps and soon he's laying on the floor with my knife against his neck.

We are both out of breath.

"You won, Princess."

"I know." I grin at him as I help him up.

"But for real, this is crazy. You are better than everyone I ever fought. Shit, you are better than Gally!" he grins excited.

"Language, Minho." I hear an familiar british accent. Newt is standing in the doorframe, watching us with a smile.

"Newt, did you see that?!" I walk over to him, smiling widely.

He chuckles "I did, that was bloody amazing."