Chapter 10-goodbye

Start from the beginning

I have to stop overthinking things I can't control.

"Jeff, I'm going to Thomas and Minho. Do you wanna come with me?" I ask the boy.

"No thanks, I'll stay here and see if anyone needs me." he is sitting in his chair, writing something as usual.

"Okay, see you later. Don't be late!" I couldn't leave Jeff in the glade.

"I won't. See you later." he assures me, without looking up.

I walk out of the hut. The glade's mostly empty. Everyone is working on our escape. The closer I get to the homestead, the louder the voices get.

I open the door. Inside everybody is busy. In the crowded room I search for my friends. Well, my friend and my boyfriend.

I see Thomas's back and quietly walk over to him. When I'm close enough, I jump onto his back and hold on to his body.

"I was- OH GOD!" the brunette jumps and quickly turns around. But he can't see me because I'm on his back.

"Relax, it's me." I laugh into his ear. He begins laughing too.

"You scared the shit out of me, Ruby."

"Ha sorry." I say while getting off his back and stepping beside him. Just now I see the boy he was talking to, before I jumped onto his back.

The boy is a little smaller then Thomas. He has brown hair with a little blonde in it and dark eyes. He's watching me interested.

I reach out my hand for him to shake. He takes it.

"Hi, I'm Ruby, Thomas's girlfriend."

"Yeah I guessed you weren't a guy." he smiles at me.
"I'm Ethan by the way, nice to finally meet you. I heard a lot of stories about you."

This is Ethan!!!

This is Ethan!!!

Wait. I know him.

"Wait, are you the greenie?" I ask him.

"Yes, I am. I heard you were the greenie before me?"

"Yes!"

I'm surprised by how relaxed he is. It's only his second day in here.

"You're doing very well, so far. On my second day here, I wasn't even close to this." I point at him to demonstrate what I mean.

"I'm guessing that's a compliment, thanks."

I turn to Thomas again "Jeff and I have nothing to do and I wanted to help you with whatever you are doing?"

"Of course, me and Eric were talking about the weapons. Minho and I think everyone should have at least one. Everyone has to try a few and find out which one fits them the best." Thomas explains to me.

"Cool. Can I try the knives?"

"Yes, you can." he smiles at me sweetly.

"Can I try the spear?" Ethan asks Thomas. He looks at Thomas admiring.