"I can't say..."

"You can't or you won't? You do realize it is your job to relay the reports, it would have given you a strong alibi."

"She has a right to anonymous services"
you muttered

"Was this an official anonymous case? It was not mentioned any where that it was."

She didn't know how to make an official anonymous request, so it technically wasn't. This has put you in a tough spot. You remained silent for a long moment, trying to come up with something to save your case.

"[Name], do you realize how serious all this is?"
he raised his voice impatiently

"What if you brought Rohrette in, she can vouch for me and explain herself."
it was a hopeful attempt

"Well since suspicion shifted onto you, investigation on her was discredited. Not only will she serve as a poor alibi but we also found this."
he slides down a note

Dear anyone,
I enjoyed my time in the city of Fontaine, to have had a chance working my desired job. Due to recent events it seems I only caused troublesome discourse by my mere presence. So I am leaving for good- I won't be returning to my home village either, I'll seek a new path.
*PS. I wish you well on the search of the true criminal, may they be brought to justice.

-Best Regards, Rohrette

It definitely did resemble her handwriting. It was probably already looked at by an officer Melusine, tested for forgery. Something didn't sit quite right with the note, there really is no reason for her to leave since things were going well in her favor.

"Do you know what the people are speculating? A combined effort, human and melusine mastering a crime together. Her fleet does not benefit either of your cases."
his arms cross as he sighs, leaning back into chair across from you.

"Neuvillette, you know I wouldn't... you don't honestly think I'm a criminal, do you?"
your voice was shaky

"It's not a matter of belief, this is to remain objective. You of all people should already understand that"
you didn't like that stare of disdain...

"You granted me a favor, back on that rainy day. I ask that you believe me on this."
you were starting to sound desperate

"With limits to the law and my impartiality. Do you think that I can bend the law just for you? That you are excused from any reprimand?"
he was getting a bit agitated
"This is a crime against the nation, one that caused massive havoc. I will not deter from my duties just because of personal feelings."

"I'm innocent, you know I am!"
could he not have reasonable judgement?!

"It only raises suspicion that you would use emotional tactics in attempt to gain my side in this."

"Are you calling me a manipulator now? I- maybe I asked for too much of you but how can I prove my innocence"
you took a deep breath, trying to be just as rational

"A lawyer will be offered to you, I suggest you accept if you're not confident in your ability to prove your own innocence."

"...When I went against your word about the stakeout, I assure you I was only trying to help with the case. Keep your opinions if you will but please understand that"