Chapter 17: Nice, Lazy Saturday

Y/n's POV

"Bye," I said as I left the guys' apartment, "bye, Goodnight," they all said back. I walked ahead with Woojoo struggling to keep up with me as I heard the apartment door shut behind me. I got in the elevator and pressed the lobby button. I heard a ding as the elevator stopped and I walked out of the building towards the guest parking lot.

I unlocked my car and opened the back door for Woojoo to hop in and for me to put my stuff on the floor behind the passenger seat. "Get in there boy," I said as I patted the seat while Woojoo jumped into the car and I shut the door. I walked over to the driver's side and opened the door, sitting down and putting on my seatbelt as I started the car. I put on some music and began driving home.

Time skip 15 minutes later

I unlocked the door to my apartment and walked in with Woojoo running in behind me. I took off my shoes and plopped down on the couch, completely drained of energy. I got up sluggishly and filled Woojoo's bowl with some water and then waited until he drank it. I walked to my room and got out a pair of pyjamas, getting ready for bed.

'Exhausted is an underestimation of my current state' I thought to myself as I brushed my teeth and re-tied my hair into a ponytail. I left the washroom turning off the light and walked towards my bed after turning off the bedroom lights too. I got in the blankets and snuggled up to my favourite pillow, the last gift that I got from my parents.

I know that a pillow might sound like an odd gift but one Christmas all I wanted was a fluffy pillow that I could hug at night because my parents got rid of all my favourite stuffed toys because of my stupid dust allergy. They said that stuffed toys collected too much dust and it was risky to wash them because they might rip.

All I wanted for Christmas that year was a nice pillow that I could hug while I sleep at night and that's exactly what they got me. The next year, they passed away, and that pillow became one of my most precious belongings. I thought about them and said goodnight as I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Time skip next morning

'The sun, it's so annoying sometimes, and my blinds; UGH my blinds! Why must they separate ever so slightly so that the sunlight will shine directly on my eyes?' I groaned, mentally cursing my blinds for opening exactly where my eyes are. I stretched, opening my eyes and checking the time on the clock.

"7:00 A.M.?!" I screeched, waking up poor Woojoo who was sleeping comfortably in his bed on the floor beside my own. "I should not be awake at 7 in the morning on a Saturday in fact, I think it should be banned," I said, getting up out of my bed and walking over to my window, nearly shutting the blinds so that absolutely no rays of sunshine will penetrate into my room.

Woojoo barked as I shushed him, "Shh Woojoo go back to sleep buddy, I am too, see?" I said getting back into baud and snuggling into my cosy duvet. Woojoo got up on his hind legs rubbing his paws on my arm, trying to ask me to pick him up onto the bed.

"Sorry baby, you know you're not allowed on the bed, this is my space to exist without your fur everywhere," I said, as he whined going back and lying down in his own bed. "Good boy," I said while yawning and turning onto my side, drifting back to sleep.

Time skip two hours later

I opened my eyes and looked around stretching as I sat up and checked the clock which now read 9:30 a.m. "That's more like it," I said, getting up out of bed and squatting down beside my sleeping puppy scratching behind his ear as he woke up. "C'mon boy, we gotta brush your teeth today," I said, walking out of my bedroom towards the washroom, as I heard his paws tapping on the floor behind me.

I opened the cabinet under the bathroom sink and got the doggy toothpaste and Woojoo's toothbrush. I sat down on the ground and pulled him into my lap as I got some of the paste on his brush. I thoroughly brushed his teeth and then got up to brush my own. I washed my face and took a shower before getting ready for the day. 'Saturday,'  I thought.

Saturday is probably my favourite day of the week. I know that Sunday is the 'day of rest' or whatever but Saturday is my day of rest. It's the one day in the week that I will do anything I want. I picked out some comfy sweatpants and a grey t-shirt and then put on an oversized sweater on top of it since it was the middle of winter right now.

I walked toward the living room and made myself some eggs and toast for breakfast and then ate two oranges to get some good old Vitamin C. I finished eating and rinsed off my plate and the pan and utensils I used before loading them into the dishwasher. I put some food in one of Woojoo's bowls and poured some water in the other.

I walked over to my couch, grabbing the throw blanket and TV remote before sitting down with my coffee. I sighed, turning on Netflix. "This is gonna be a nice, lazy Saturday" I said out loud starting my Kdrama and putting down the remote as I took a sip of my coffee. I selected 'Next Episode' on my TV as I started the last episode of my drama.

I sat back and got comfortable, excited to see how the drama would end. A little while later, the drama ended and the end credits started playing as I couldn't stop smiling in satisfaction with the ending. I got up and walked to my room with Woojoo still resting on the couch next to my spot.

I picked up my phone from my desk and began walking back out to the living room, when I started feeling hungry and detoured to the kitchen instead to make myself a snack considering it was now 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I unlocked my phone, checking my notifications and FaceTiming my friend Shinyoung.

I heard my phone chime as I saw her face appear on the screen, her voice coming through saying 'hi'. "Hey, what's up," I said, setting my phone down on a phone stand on the kitchen island as I walked to the fridge. "Nothing I was just doing some work, why'd you call?" she replied, as I re-entered the frame, now holding a glass container with chicken salad in it.

"No reason I just wanted some company, I mean I love Woojoo, but if I don't have some human interaction today I think I might not say a word all day," I said, just as the doorbell rang. "Hah! You jinxed yourself," Shinyoung laughed, covering her mouth and leaning back. "Haha, very funny I said, picking up my phone and walking to the front door. I checked the peephole and saw my friends and brother standing outside my door.

"Oh, it's just the boys," I told Shinyoung as I opened the door for them. "Hey guys, come on in, shut the door behind you," I said, walking back to the kitchen, still holding my phone. "Who are you talking to?" Hyunjin asked, walking in front of the others. "Shinyoung," I replied, setting the phone back down on the stand in front of me.

"Hey guys, you want some chicken salad sandwiches?" I said from the kitchen as my apartment's 'open' concept allowed me to see them playing with Woojoo on the couch. "Ooh yes please!" Innie said, looking up at me with a smile. "I'm good," Seungmin said as I heard Jisung oppa say "me too," followed by Hyunjin saying "me three,"

Shinyoung and I laughed as I got out the bread and started making the sandwiches. "She, what's up with you? What have you been doing all day?" Shinyoung asked, looking at something that I assumed was the thing she was working on. "I was watching 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha' on Netflix, I just finished it and started feeling hungry," I said as she nodded.

"Hence the sandwiches," she said, reading my mind as I nodded in agreement. "What are you working on?" I said, finishing up the sandwiches and handing Innie his plate as we both sat down at the dining table to eat. "Just doing some designing. I have a sketch due for Monday and my boss assigned it yesterday," she said. "How can he expect you to finish it in two days?!" I said, surprised.

"I know right, but at least I get to see you on Monday," she said as all the guys looked at me. "Uh, well, about that..." I said, trying to find the words to tell Shinyoung I got fired. "What?" she asked. "I got fired," I said. Apparently the words I needed to find to tell her I got fired were exactly that, 'I got fired'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my lovely readers! FIRST OF ALL TYSM FOR 1.5K+ READS I love you guys sm!! I hope you guys liked this chapter and how did you guys like the new character, Shinyoung? Lmk in the comments... Anyways, as always don't forget to vote, comment and recommend this story to your friends if you like it!

Until next time,

romzzz_xo

Unexpected Love & Danger {SKZ Seo Changbin MAFIA AU}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें