Chapter 1: Mystery Man

Y/N POV

"You're fired!" yelled my horrible boss. "Pack your things and leave right away," he said. "But I didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled right back at him. He called the security guards and told them to make sure I got all my stuff and left. Annoyed, I just walked out of his office and to my desk gathering all my stuff in the box the security gave me. I was pissed, none of this was even my fault.

For those of you that are confused, allow me to explain. A couple days ago my department was given a very important project from the boss himself, and the department head was put in charge. But the head, being the lazy person she is, gave me all the responsibility. I was told to gather all the information and ask my colleagues if I needed any help, so I did exactly that.

I got everything I needed and made a document containing all the information and transferred the entire document to a USB drive, which my department head then took from me so she could take all the credit for my hard work. I was mad but used to it, since she did this every time we got a new project. Every. Single. Time.

Yesterday, which was when the project was to be submitted to the boss, the department head went to get the USB from her bag but realised she had lost it, and when the boss asked her for it she said that she gave it to me to keep safe and that I had lost it. Can you believe it?! She said it was MY FAULT! When I did all the work, SHE was gonna take the credit for it.

But anyways, that brings us to now, as I was putting all my stuff away into this little box I realised that I barely had anything at my desk even though I've been working at this company for four years. I looked in the box to see the small amount of items.

Two big folders, 10 pens, 7 pencils, 3 highlighters, a pack of paper clips, a pack of paper, a stapler, hole punch, staple remover, my laptop, mouse and charger, a photo of my family, a picture frame of my friends and I, and a picture of my dog, Woojoo.

Time skip 30 mins later

I sighed as I left the office carrying the box containing all my stuff. I was pissed, I wanted to walk back into that building and give my ex-boss an earful, but I knew that if I did that it wouldn't be easy to get a job close to here. All the offices near my house knew my boss as the worst and richest one. If I had given him a piece of my mind he would have told every single business owner in this area not to hire me.

I unlocked my car and opened the door to the back seat and put the box of my stuff down on one of the seats. I walked over to the driver's side and opened the door as I got in my car, fuming at everything that had taken place over the past week and decided to just listen to some music. I put on my go-to playlist for when I needed to take a break from everything and turned on my car as I started driving home.

Time skip halfway home

I was halfway home, driving, listening to Seventeen's 'Rock With You', jamming out when I heard a notification from my phone. I looked to see that I got a message from HR that I would need to come pick up my last paycheck on Monday. At least I get this month's paycheck, I thought to myself.

I looked back up at the road and hit the brakes when I saw a man walk right in front of my car. I got out of my car, furious. I was already upset and this had only made me more angry. I was about to yell at him when all of a sudden, he dropped to his knees, holding the right side of his abdomen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi readers!

I hope you liked the first chapter of this book! It took me a while to write it and I tried multiple different versions until I finally chose this one. Please vote, comment and recommend the story to your friends if you liked the chapter!

The next chapter is already posted!