Chapter 6: The Hospital

Next morning at 8:00 a.m. Changbin's POV

I woke up and was startled when I realised that I wasn't in my room. Just as I was about to get up, Y/n walked in with a tray of food and I remembered everything that happened last night. "Good morning Changbin!" she said with a huge smile. "Are you feeling any better than last night?" she asked placing the tray down on the nightstand before coming closer to me to help me sit up.

"Ow!" I said, pain shooting through my body from my wound. "So not really then," she said, answering her own question. I saw her expression change from her big smile to worry almost instantly after I shook my head 'no' when she asked me if I was hungry at all. "Well, more for me then I guess," she said, forcing a smile. "Sorry" I said, seeing that she was worried knowing that I wasn't hungry.

"It's ok, you don't have to say sorry. If you're not hungry then I won't force you. I still think you should eat at least a little bit though." she said. I felt bad that she had to go through all the trouble to make me breakfast only for me to not have an appetite. She kept asking and asking and I kept feeling more and more guilty. Eventually, I gave in and instantly her smile came back making me smile on the inside.

It felt good seeing her smile, it made me happy, but I had no idea what the reason was that her smile made me feel that way. I haven't felt this way in years, and I was scared to experience this feeling all over again. I was scared to get hurt again, so I decided to just shrug off the thought and focus on eating some food.

Y/N POV

After quite a bit of persuading, Changbin finally ate a little bit which made me feel better. I was glad he ate some food before we left to go to the hospital. I helped him up and gave him one of my brother's shirts to change into before helping him do so. I put his arm over my shoulder as I helped him walk to the living room.

I quickly took my purse, keys, and phone, before we walked out of the house and to the car. I helped him sit in the passenger seat before closing the door and running back to the house to lock the front door. I walked back to the car, and got in the driver's side before putting on my seatbelt and calling the groupchat I had with my friends.

OTP (Bold is Seungmin, Underlined is Y/n, Bold Italic is Jeongin, Italic is Hyunjin, Regular is Y/n POV)

Hello?
What's up?
Why'd you call Y/n?
Hi guys, I had a favour to ask.
Sure, Y/n, ask away
Could any of you guys look at a patient for me?

I'm not sure if I can. I have a couple of consultations in the morning with some off-site patients and I have to check on some of my on-site patients too.
I don't think I can either, I have an appointment with one of my off-site patients that's been pushed back for a couple weeks now, they're a senior too so I don't wanna postpone it anymore.

Seungmin, how about you? Please, you're my last hope unless any of you are willing to ask someone to take a look at him for me.
I'm free before 1:30 p.m, but not after that, I have consultations and check-ups for 3 hours straight after 1:30.
That's fine Seungmin, I'm on my way there now. I'm already driving. I should be there in 10 minutes.

I'll hang up then guys I have five minutes till a consultation. Bye.
I'll hang up too, I have to finish reading a file before the patient gets here. Bye guys.
Bye Hyunjin, Bye Jeongin
Bye guys. Oh and Y/n, that should be fine, but can you tell me about it. What do I need to check?

Two wounds, one's a huge gash on his right lower abdomen. The cut's really deep, and he lost a decent amount of blood. The other one's on his left leg. He's conscious and can walk, but only with support. I just need you to check if the blood loss or any other potential factor is gonna have effects on any major organs.

Ok, I can check on him, give me a name and I'll tell Lisa I'm expecting you.
Seo Changbin
Ok great, bring him here and tell Lisa you're here with Seo Changbin, she already knows you, so she'll recognize you but just let her know he's with you and she'll tell you where to come, okay?
Ok Seungmin, thank you so much. I'll see you in a bit I'm about to pull up to the hospital.
Ok see you.
END OF PHONE CALL

At the hospital

I sat down on the chair beside Changbin's room after asking my friend Seungmin to treat his wound, to make sure that it was nothing serious. The cut was really deep and it was bleeding a lot. I hope none of his organs were hit or affected from the blood loss. If it did he might have to get surgery or some kind of treatment. I could've tried checking and diagnosing the wound but I didn't want to get it wrong, not to mention that I didn't have the equipment I needed to even do that.

Time skip 30 mins later

I sat there with my head in my hands, scared to death about what Seungmin was gonna tell me about Changbin. I can't be the reason someone dies again, I was starting to doubt myself for not bringing him here last night when I found him. All the memories flooding back to me, I started crying, thinking about the past when all of a sudden I felt someone tap my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi readers!
I can't believe I got this chapter to 1060+ words! It's my longest chapter so far, and you guys were my inspo to keep going <3. Please vote, comment, share and recommend the story to your friends if you like it!

Love you all,

romzzz_xo   <3