Chapter 10: I almost had him

Y/n POV

After saying bye, Lee Know-ssi and Felix-ssi left with Changbin while Chan-ssi stayed back, patiently waiting for me to ask him my question. "So, what did you want to ask me?" he said with a small smile. "Actually, I wanted to ask for yours and Changbin's numbers, so that I can check up on him," I replied feeling worried that he might say no. "Oh that's all? Okay," he said, surprising me as I looked at him with a smile, handing him my phone so he could type in his and Changbin's phone numbers. I said thank you and we both bid each other goodbye as left to catch up with his friends.

Changbin's POV

I saw Chan hyung jogging towards the car through my window, with a smirk on his face. A bit confused as to why he was smirking, I looked at him as he was sitting in the driver's seat beside Lee Know hyung. He put on his seat belt and looked at me through the rearview mirror, flashing a teasing smile, as he looked at me before starting the car and driving us home, only leaving me more confused.

Time skip, at headquarters

We got home and Chan hyung helped me up to my room, with that teasing smile still on his face. "Why do you keep smiling, hyung? You've had that same, teasing smile on your face since we left the hospital. What's going on?" I asked, determined to get answers, only to be even more confused when Chan hyung's smile grew bigger as he chuckled. "You like her don't you?" he said all of a sudden. "What?!" I asked, taken aback by his sudden question.

"Y/n-ssi, you like her, don't you?" he said, helping me sit down on my bed before sitting down himself. "What makes you think that?" I asked as he poured me a glass of water. "Changbin-ah, I'm your hyung, I've known you since we were kids. I can tell what you're thinking and feeling, just by looking at you," he said. "Yeah, and?" I said taking a sip of water. "And, I could tell that you didn't like it when she hugged her brother," he said looking at me.

"He's her brother hyung," I said trying to prove him wrong, only to fail miserably when Chan hyung said "Yeah, but you didn't know that when they hugged, so you were annoyed, and you weren't paying attention to the doctor, you were paying attention to her," he said matter-of-factly. "I was paying attention to the doctor," I said, trying to convince him. "Oh yeah? Then what did the doctor say you have to do?" he said, catching me in my lie almost instantly.

"Ugh fine, I was paying attention to her but I don't like her." I said, stressing the 'don't'. He looked at me as if he didn't believe me and to be honest I didn't believe what I was saying either.

Chan's POV

I sighed, not believing a word Changbin was saying, as he desperately tried to convince me he doesn't like Y/n-ssi, but honestly, to me it seemed more like he was trying to convince himself that he doesn't like her. I tried thinking of a way to get him to confess that he likes her, when I came up with an idea. I smirked as I said "You know Changbin-ah, she asked me for your number," his head shot up at my words, a huge smile playing on his face, as he asked me if I was serious.

When I nodded my head, his smile grew even bigger and he pumped his fist in the air, whispering a little 'yes', before realising that he had just proved my point. I smirked as he cleared his throat, seeming to think of a way to defend himself. Right as he was about to say something, I put my hand up, stopping him "Don't even bother, you definitely like her," I said as he pouted, upset I didn't even let him speak.

"But forget that, tell me what happened last night. Felix told me that one second you were right next to him and the next you were gone." I said, the mood changing to a much more serious one. "I almost had him hyung, I almost had Park." Changbin said, balling his hand into a tight fist. "Tell me exactly what happened. Don't leave out a single detail." I said with a serious look on my face as Changbin took a deep breath before continuing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How'd you guys like that cliffhanger? ;)
I hope you guys liked this chapter and please vote, comment and share the story with your friends if you like it!

Love,

romzzz_xo