Preparations...with some fun

The first snowflakes of winter had started to fall yesterday evening. Soon it amounted to up close to three inches of snowfall. Following that, Reports came in of a strong blizzard beginning to form. One that would see a mountain of snow and ice which would soon engulf the often-sunny town of Adventure Bay. All hands were on deck, as the citizens prepared for the inclement weather. It was double time for the Paw Patrol as well. Rocky and Everest were on point, The husky using her snowplow to plow the piling powder on the roads while Rocky followed behind in his truck, spraying salt across each cleared section.

Back at the look out, the pups were doing their due diligence to prepare for the worst. Not only did they need to be prepared for any related emergencies these next few days, but they needed to rearrange where they were going to sleep at night. Normally they'd be happy to sleep in their respected pup houses, but this upcoming blizzard was proving to be a concerning matter for Ryder. He was not going to let his pups sleep out in the cold. Zuma and Skye were already working to put their toys and bedding inside. While Rubble used his rig to move some of the larger objects into the garage. Between all this prep, Marshall assisted the best he could.

"Easy...Carefully..."

He carefully gripped the handle of the snow shovel between his teeth. The dalmatian moved one paw over the other, pushing his head forward to scoop up patches of snow. Taking his time to plow the excess near his pup house. He would work his way around and get to the other pups' houses soon after. Being sure he didn't fall or trip over himself. Unbeknownst to him, he was being watched. A vicious predator stared at his prey. Waiting for the right moment to pounce. He ever so closely inched his way towards the black spotted boy. Ducking between the grass and snow.

As he worked, Marshall's ears perked up under his red and yellow snow cap. He dropped his shovel and looked up.

"Hmm? Zuma? Skye?"

He looked around the snow-covered yard. Whiteness surrounded him. Marshall shrugged his shoulders and went back to work. He managed to work the handle back in his maw when he heard it again. Dropping the shovel in a fright.

"Whoa! Who's there?"

The dalmatian started to get nervous, he spun around and looked around his pup house. That's when he heard it again, this time right behind him. Marshall jumped back around but only saw the large pile of snow he had scooped up.

"Phew...for a sec I thought..."

"Gotcha!"

From the snow pile, a voice called out and the icy powder flung in all directions. A brown blur leaped towards Marshall. He yelped and fell backwards. Landing on the shovel handle, causing more snow to fling up and land on top of the pup. Marshall just laid on his back, his face and the length of his belly buried in the white powder.

"Whoa! You good Marshall!?!"

The dalmatian felt a paw start to brush the snow off his belly. He looked up to see a familiar handsome face staring back at him. The German shepherd wore a blue and yellow snow cap on his head. Just enough to keep his head warm but leave his ears sticking out. He gave a toothy smile to him.

"Hey Chase...I'm good!" He exclaimed.

"Good, I got exactly what I was looking for!"

Chase pressed a paw to the dalmatians chest, keeping him pinned the ground.

"Chase! What are you doing?"

"See, when I was helping put stuff away, I realized I've been looking for the cutest pup in Adventure Bay all morning! And now I have him right in my grasp!"