𝔖𝔲𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔖𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔰

Começar do início

The forbidden crush of Isla's childhood, made even more complicated by the fact that he was Sarah's older brother. The worst part? Every girl seemed to drool over him, and didn't he know it.

With a series of different girls sneaking out of his window after every party. Their group sleepover ritual was to laugh and watch from Isla's window, two houses over to the Camerons', at the sight of the most popular girls in school failed to shimmy down the drain pipe.

"So... Topper, huh?" Isla grinned mischievously, her eyes sparkling with teasing.

Sarah shushed her. "Shut up." She blushed, her laughter always as light and airy as the salty breeze.

"I saw you two making out under the bleachers." Isla raised an eyebrow, holding her pleated skirt down as she stood up, taking Dean's hand.

Dean turned to her betrayed. "You have to tell me everything."

"Later." Sarah promised, their new interest shifting towards Isla's love life - or lack thereof.

"What about you? How come you never have a crush?" Sarah shimmied over to her, watching Isla hiding her face in her hands.

"Yeah, c'mon Isla. You must like someone?" Dean interrogated, as she continued to bite on her straw.

"Why?" Isla rolled her eyes at them both, "the boys at this school are awful." It was unfortunately true, lord knows she had tried to replace her crush on Rafe with any other boy.

But no one had been able to take his place, subsequently she was left collecting every detail that made up the mystery of him she could find. Keeping her intel stored in the jewellery box that was her mind.

"How would you know, you don't date any of them!" Sarah pointed out the obvious, nudging her.

"You two are boy crazy." She shot them down, biting her lip.

Sarah scoffed. "You don't fool us, I heard Quentin Pembroke tried to kiss you last semester after football practise." She sing-songed, playing with her hair. Perfecting her appearance in Dean's wing-view mirror and shooting a wink at Topper through the reflection.

"Oh god, Quentin?" Dean recoiled, popping open another soda as Isla leaned over, changing the music to Lana Del Rey on the playlist.

"What? He's cute and he's a Sophomore too, why not make out?" Isla turned to her best friend, bewildered in embarrassment.

Isla shook her head, as Dean handed Sarah a beer, "would you keep it down?" Shooting her a look.

Squinting her eyes at her, assumiting her humiliation as admission of guilt. "You two did kiss! I knew it! You totally made out with Quentin, oh my god!" Sarah squealed, getting carried away.

Isla nearly choked on her drink. "No." She shook her head feverishly, holding up her hand to stop them. Sarah grinned, seeing Isla look like a cherry, her cheeks burning up.

"You had you first kiss, and you didn't tell us?" Dean grabbed his chest dramatically in betrayal.

Isla jabbed Sarah with her elbow, seeing Topper, Kelce and Rafe walking over from the other side of the beach, red cups in hand. Sarah covered her own mouth laughing, as Isla immediately shrank in size, her hair falling over her face.

"Let's set up beer pong." Rafe instructed Kelce. Isla noticed how he had left his letterman jacket hanging on the shoulders of Emma Lautner, the most popular girl in school.

Emma was the kind of girl who spent her afternoons practising cheer routines, and flipped her perfect bleach-blonde hair to kiss Rafe in the halls. While Isla had only been let on the team because of her mother's participation on the PTA, and she had only joined in the first place to please her.